“Excellent overnight stay”

Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Ranked #24 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Impressed from start to finish. Got there way before check-in but they changed rooms around us to accommodation us early. Valet parking is expensive at £16 but gives peace of mind I guess. If you're feeling frugal, you could definitely get it cheaper elsewhere. The hotel itself is beautiful; very clean and stylish and the bar is great for a quick drink. The room was large and the bed comfy. Another plus, and the reason we booked it in the first place, is because of the city centre location - about a five minute walk from Deansgate.

Room Tip: "Valet parking a little expensive"
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night with family and friends. The hotel is in a great location for the city centre with car parking. The conversion of the building is well done and the reception and bar very good. The rooms are rather "tired" and ready for a makeover and whilst spacious, light and airy, the quality of the facilities are no better than a budget hotel. We stayed in a suite. The shower room was very small. It was perfectly functional but not what you would expect in this sort of hotel. The sound separation is not good and we could clealy hear conversations in the adjoining room (it sounded as though it cam through the ventilation grille).The breakfast was good and all the staff we dealt with were polite, helpful and friendly. On balance we would stay here again due to its great location. It has the potential to be a great hotel but doesn't do itself justice at the moment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here on business for 2 nights as part of a large group & found the level of service & the quality of food & drink to be excellent. My room was of a good size , clean ( except for the 4" long hair that was on the tiled wall around the bath for the duration of my stay ) & the bed was very comfortable. The hotel overlooks a canal & is very centrally located.
My only real issue is the fact that Wi Fi in the rooms was charged for at a rate of £15 per 24 hours which in this day & age is ( in my opinion ) a prehistoric practice & a rip off.This charge would certainly make me think twice about staying here again.
On a more positive note all of the staff members that I encountered during my staff had a great blend of friendliness & professionalism.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Manchester Marriott in many ways differs from other Marriott's. It is located in a repurposed mid-19th century warehouse. This gives it a special charm. E.g. the wooden beams supporting the structure are visible in the ceiling of many public spaces. The hotel restaurant (for breakfast and other meals) is a little bit small and the tables and couches on the waterside are old an not nice to sit on for a whole dinner or lunch. Breakfast is oke, lunch and dinner were very poor.The interior of the room was oke but the beds are very soft and the shower to low for people above 1.70.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and there is free Wifi use in the public areas but in your guestrooms you have to pay for this....

Room Tip: I have slept in 108 and didn't have any view. i think the rooms on the waterside have a better v...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I regularly visit Manchester and have in the past stayed in other hotels. However, I chose the V&A for a recent weekend break as it was a closer location to the Manchester Opera House (where we had tickets to see 'CATS') and Spinningfields where we had dinner reservations at Australasia. What a delightful surprise! I have definitely found my new "go to" hotel in Manchester.

The location is ideal for the bustling Spinningfields area where there are lots of lively bars and restaurants as well as being very close to Deansgate and the main city centre. That is not to say that the hotel is in the middle of a noisy neighbourhood - far from it. Close enough to the action to be convenient but far enough away to get a good night's sleep! For a short weekend break it really is perfect and I will be choosing this location in future when travelling for pleasure.

Rooms are very well appointed, comfortable and the hotel is a delight from start to finish. From pulling up at the door and handing over my car keys to the concierge to checking-out on Sunday morning the level of service was excellent. I also received an email the day after check-out from the Guest Relations Supervisor to enquire if everything had been in order during my stay or if I had anything that I wished to inform him about. Nice little touch!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben P
Reviewed May 29, 2013

An ideally located hotel located near Granada Studios. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds had egyptian cotton sheets. There was valet parking on site and our car was available within 5 minutes of asking. The room service meals were excellent. All in all a top hotel and will definately book again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and toddler son the night before the Great Manchester Run. We visit/ run in this event every year and have ( in recent years) stayed in The Midland and Radisson Edwardian . Due to poor organisation ( on my part) I left booking a hotel too late this year and the only hotel we could get a suite (a must due to toddler sleeping issues) in was the V and A. We used to live in Manchester for years and I always assumed it was a bit out of the way but I couldn't have been more wrong. We were well placed for deansgate and the shops and it was ideal for the starting and (especially) the finish line of the run. Service by front desk staff and concierge was excellent and the suite was very comfortable ( if a little small). Another plus was the room service.....it arrived when they said it would and the food was very good ( which is something that many more expensive hotels don't seem to manage). In summary I was pleasantly surprised and will book here again next year

• Stayed: May 2013