Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
  • Pool
$210
$198
1,985 results
All reviewswooden beamsconverted warehousegranada studioslovely hotelcity centrespinning fieldsoriginal featuresupgraded to a suitean upgradecar parkinglovely roomreception staffstayed for one nightbars and restaurantshotel barafternoon teaspinningfields
Reviewed April 7, 2012

A lovely hotel well maintained excellent service good food and drink and close to the Manchester nightlife if that's what you want, or just as good to just chill and relax in the hotel bar.
I prefer to stay here over other hotels in Manchester because you get better value for money, simple as that.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel is a renovated building close to the centre of Manchester. It has been tastefully converted and rooms are well-appointed.

Food - from morning tea; lunch and evening meals were very good indeed. Good selection and tasty.

Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Have just stayed here for business.
The hotel staff on check-in started so well. Helpful and allocated a very pleasant room. The room was spacious, well appointed and very clean.
Breakfast quietly and competently efficient.
Then had dinner in the restaurant. The food was excellent but the kitchen was so slow, really felt for the waitress. It was reasonably late I suppose but they did accept our small party of five and the dining room was virtually empty and we were at least 3/4 of an hour from closing. I suppose that the food was being prepared but nearly 1 hours wait from entering to the arrival of the main course, we opted not to have starters because of the hour is stretching it. You would also have expected to be offered something while you wait if they knew it was to be this long.
Then my room was not completely serviced on one night and not serviced at all on another, until I asked at 6.15 p.m.
All of this was not good for the level of the hotel.
Then other staff got it so right, the duty manager accepted my complaint on check-out, I was very polite, no point in getting cross with her as it was not her fault. She dealt with it properly and offered a sensible discount on the night I had to pay for, but she shouldn't have to if the house keeping staff did their job.
Would I stay again? Yes I would give them a second chance because of the way it was dealt with and the hotel itself is clean quiet and pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had the best time at this hotel. Great location, 5 minutes walk into the town centre.

I have booked at Marriott hotels before so decided to opt for this one in Manchester. When we arrived I couldn't see any parking places so parked in the NCP car park next door... but when we walked through the door at the hotel, the helpful conseige told us about the on site seccure parking, so we brought our cars around and they were parked for us. On checking in, a lovely tall chap (sorry didnt catch your name!) checked us in and when he found out it was our anniversary, upgraded our room. The room was fab, huge bed and had the best night sleep ever.... loads of pillows, crisp white sheets. We had numerous glasses of wine in the lovely conservatory in the bar and the time flew. All the staff were fantastic and helpful. Everyone said "good morning" or enjoy your stay"... and made us feel very welcome. When I checked out and was just sat quietely in reception, even a lovely "handyman" asked me if he could get me a coffee!!!! How fab!

I loved this hotel and would definately choose this again over the other numerous hotels in Manchester. Thank you for making our anniverary special.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharanm68
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The hotel is located just outside the City centre but walkable, by the side of the canal not a lot of boats passing by.

Staff slick but a bit sterile, obliging however.

Doorman goes out of his way to help.

Rooms very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a large window overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business