“Non Veggies Catered for!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greens Restaurant - Didsbury

Greens Restaurant - Didsbury
Ranked #93 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stockport, England
“Non Veggies Catered for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Neither my husband or I are vegetarian, but his daughter and her partner are. So for a Sunday lunch together, this seemed like a good choice - we've eaten, and like the food, at Simon Rimmer's other restaurant, Earle, and know some of the menu crosses over. We managed to get some on street parking - I can see that being an issue on a busy night as there aren't any car parks nearby but there are loads of bars and restaurants etc.
We were greeted warmly and shown to our table. I always like to see restaurants busy and this was bustling. However, menus arrived quickly, as did drinks. While waiting for the other 2 we tried the veggie black pudding nibbles. They were delicious and tasty. The menu had plenty of choices on it, even for our fussiest eater. The staff were friendly and helpful, suggesting we get our order in before a big party!
The starters were pretty good - I had the soup, which was sweet potato, red pepper and canellini beans. Lovely.
All the main courses were big! I had 2 huge enoki mushroom spring rolls, served with a lovely laksa. It was a tough job to eat so much, but I did it. The flavours were beautiful, although I could have handled some more chilli. One of us had the Sunday roast - nut roast, roast new potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. He said it was really good. I can't comment on it; it's too veggie for me!
3 of us had desserts - the banana and blueberry pudding was fine, nothing special, but the ginger cheesecake with salted caramel sauce was probably the nicest cheesecake I've ever had. Absolutely delicious.
For 4 of us, including wine and soft drinks, the bill came to £127, which I thought was pretty good value for what we had.
Will I go back? Yes, but not too often, because I still like to have meat and fish on the menu too. And Earle does them rather well.

Visited April 2013

Warrington, United Kingdom
“amazing, best food in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Took my niece for her birthday with my mum. None of us are vegetarian. Our meals were outstanding. Well presented, good portions and sooo tasty. Can't wait to go back. Service excellent too.

• Visited March 2013
“Vibrant and interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A party of 8 of us ate at Greens on a busy Saturday night and all came away really impressed with the food and the atmosphere. 2 of our party were running half an hour late but we were not pressed into ordering before they arrived, which we really appreciated. The service was great all night, no waiters hovering over us but always on hand when we needed. The menu is interesting and well thought-out and everything we ordered was very good indeed. The crispy mushroom starter and the chocolate blondie were particularly tasty, and whilst not cheap considering the ingredients, you're paying for some really high quality cooking. One warning though; parking is a nightmare. Other than that, excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
manchester
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was 4 of us, 3 who were meat eaters and a little worried ! we needn't have been as the food was exceelent and very tasty. Great atmosphere as well, lively without being noisy. Definate recomend.

Visited March 2013
manchester
“even fab for non veggies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been to Greens a few times and every time it has been excellent.
The food has been amazing, the service has been great and the atmosphere is nice.
My husband is the vegetarian so I had my doubts, but they were put aside just with trying the black pudding side dish!
I couldn’t recommend Greens more and I will continue to visit until I have eaten my way through the menu.
My only issue is the price as it is quite expensive so I cant go as often as I like, however they do have a pre 630pm menu for under £20 and you get a glass of wine - cant complain!

• Visited April 2013