“Disappointing”

Ranked #33 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights because we had seats for Manchester Central, just around the corner. The proximity of this hotel to our venue was perfect, but otherwise the room price was too high for the quality of the room. The disappointment started with the greeting at reception, or lack of it, despite what is promised in the hotel literature. Never, ever been dealt with like this at any reception before! Bathroom was very basic, no room to store clothes not on a hanger, aircon was vicious but bed was, thankfully, comfortable and back aspect quiet. Unlikely to choose Jury's Inn again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, it really is quite peaceful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for getting in touch following your stay,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of customer service you received on your arrival to the hotel. This is an area where I generally receive the most positive feedback, so its concerning to learn of your experience.

I am also disappointed to read that our room product did not meet your expectations. Would it be convenient for me to give you a call to discuss in more detail, if so could you please drop me an email with your contact details.

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

A very bright hotel, nicely decorated, pleasant staff and comfortable bed. Toiletries provided were ok and I can understand other reviews that say the dispensers don't provide enough product making them harder to use if you need a lot of shampoo.

What is really lacking is an in room safe. For the price point and location of this product such an omission isn't in keeping with industry standards. It seems foolish to have missed this out when doing a soft refurb. There are a lot of businesses on the hotels doorstep and travellers will have laptop etc. I understand the hotel has facilities at reception but this isn't as convenient.

The other thing that struck me was just how small my room was in comparison to others of equal rating. There was barely room to access each side of the bed. I appreciate I was on a special rate so probably given one of their smallest rooms but I wouldn't have wanted 2 people in that room as it would have been very close indeed

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we stopped at the jurys inn Manchester for a overnight stay with my partner and her daughter with a 19 days old new born and 23mth twins and her partner on arrival we checked in and was told we have 5 minutes before the restaurant closes so we went straight to the restaurant with are bags only to be told we're closed only bar food is now available so we went into the bar and ordered from the bar menu and ordered some drinks
as the food started to come all the adults food came and about 10 minutes later the twins food arrived so we had to juggle the feeding between them and us I had fish and chips and It was luke warm the hottest part was the mushy peas my partner had the signature burger which was dry like eating cardboard as for the twins bangers and mash the sausages was burnt and cold so we told the bar man and said he was sorry and walked off being tired and just wanted our beds we went to are rooms were we'd already asked for 3 cots in one room on booking there was 2 cots with no sheet or blankets and 1 of them was ripped open so we called reception and said they were sorry and would sort it after about a hour the other cot and sheets turned up but we'd already stripped one for the beds in our room and just layed the newborn on the bed
we woke up in the morning and got the twins ready to go down for breakfast but when we got down there again we was told it was close breakfast stopped at 10.30 am which we wasn't told about when we checked in we asked if they could just microwave the newborns bottle which they said no they wouldn't even sterilize a bottle or anything as they said it's against hotel rules
so when they say there a children friendly hotel there far from it about as far as the ice pole

Room Tip: the higher you get the less noise you'll get from delivery vehicles and the trams
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to learn of your experience and would be keen to discuss in more detail so I can resolve the issues you have highlighted. If convenient, could you please email me on the below address or alternatively I am available on 0161 953 8888 Monday to Friday.

I look forward to speaking to you,

Kind regards,

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location - most of the city centre is within easy walking distance. Good standard rooms at a reasonable rate. Only downside is that the bar is down in the basement and feels like it - not very welcoming.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is your usual bland business hotel. Clean, pleasant (although always a weird smell in the bar I found) and in not a bad location, this delivers exactly what it says. Room was slightly small i thought, with a tiny shower room - saving grace being that the shower was very powerful. Did ring down to reception to ask about the wi-fi - was told I had to pay £10 a day. Spoke to a colleague who said they just gave him a code to enter - which I was also able to get when I went down to reception. (Was free, no £10 charge!) Although, the code only lasts for 24 hours and quite frankly, wi-fi should be easier than all that messing about. Why make things complicated. Cant say i'll rush back as there are other places to try, however, if I do go back, it wont be a bad thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review,

I am disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the size of your hotel bedroom. I often receive very positive feedback, so I truly sorry that this was not your experience.

When you are visiting Manchester in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly so I can make the arrangements on your behalf, ensuring you are allocated one of our preferred rooms with a great view of the city.

If you will allow me this opportunity, I am confident you will notice a marked improvement and I would also be delighted to include complimentary internet throughout your stay.

In the meantime, if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please feel free to give me a call

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Jurys hotel is close to the city centre in Manchester, maximum 10 minutes walk into town and right next door to the Bridgewater Hall. The room was comfortable, the breakfast sufficient. The service from the staff at the front desk was excellent and they were very helpful. My only gripe is that, yet again, a hotel wants to charge £5 for 1 hour' internet access. Why???

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been using Jury's as a chain for the past four years and stay on average 3 nights a week. I have used Manchester on and off for 4 years but started using recently on a regualr basis for business and I ahve to say the whole experience is first class. I could not single out any particualr staff as rate them equally.

If you are in Manchester and ned a hotel I would highly rate this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get on front of hotel, pay for superior room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. If there is anything else we can arrange to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to give me a call

0161 953 8888