“Overbooked!”

Ranked #33 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Overbooked!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I arrived late at night only to be told there had been a 'system issue' and they were overbooked. No room was available for me. It took over an hour for them to find me an alternative hotel and even then it was me that suggested the Premier Inn next door (instead of their suggestion of the Ibis right across town). It was 1am by the time I was on my way to my room - in Premier Inn!

I can't understand why they didn't organise anything in advance when they knew they were double booked. They didn't make any attempt to contact me to let me know either. The manager on duty couldn't give me a reason why.

Just rubbish. Will never book Jury's Inn again, life is too short.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear J0kerF,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience of Jurys Inn Manchester.

I am hugely disappointed that you were not only out-booked, but that our team did not satisfactorily deal with this issue. I am eager to speak with you regarding this situation to offer my personal apologies and to also invite you back to Jurys Inn Manchester on a complimentary basis to restore your trust in Jurys Inn.

If I could ask you to contact me either via email Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com or by phone on 0161 953 8888.

I shall look forward to speaking with you.

With Kind Regards

Richard Pearson
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night in March 2013. I'd say this is probably one of the most bland and average hotels I've ever stayed in. It's not luxurious at all (it doesn't even have a proper wardrobe), but it's probably reasonable for a short functional stay.

Location is convenient on the fringe of Manchester city centre, no on site car parking facilities. Reasonably friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms.

I'd likely stay here if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review following your stay here in March.

I am disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the overall hotel product and facilities, and I would like to assure you that we are consistently reviewing our product and facilities to ensure that our hotel is maintained to the highest standard.

I would very much appreciate you getting in touch with me directly on chris_broderick@jurysinns.com to discuss your stay in more detail,

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cumbria
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Booked several months in advance for good price for Saturday night. Very clean room shower pressure low and air Conn not working. Lovely bed. Room faced alley which seemed to attract late night aggressive drunks. Point to note, deposit boxes at reception as hotel advises leaving nothing of value in room. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.

I am concerned to learn that you experienced issues with the bedroom air conditioning units and water pressure. The performance of these systems is monitored on a regular basis by our maintenance team, having said that, it is clear that this was not the case during your stay and for that I am truly sorry.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team along with the impressive scoring around hotel cleanliness.

I will also investigate the outside noise you have reported allowing us the opportunity to highlight any concerns with the local authorities. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to investigate further and resolve the situation.

Kind regards,

Email: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Found the hotel excellent rooms large and well presented good furnishings. The hotel was friendly and the resturant and bar areas comfortable. Central location for the city and also transport links good. Next time we visit our friends will stay here again .

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Jurys Inn Manchester.

Delighted to read that you enjoyed our spacious hotel rooms and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

When you would like to make your reservations, please feel free to contact me directly as I would be delighted to assist with your booking.

Email: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Felbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just 5 mins walk from conference centre, rooms average size but clean and hotel modern. Beware of charge for wifi. Good buffet breakfast selection.
Bar ok. Fine for a few nights stay in central Manchester.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from staying here for the second time and very impressed again. The hotel is located right in the centre of manchester close to bars/restaurant/shops etc. and has very friendly staff. Our room was lovely and spacious as well as being very clean and comfortable - it can't be faulted! Great hotel, great location - will definitely stay again, thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent hotel review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your return stay to us and thank you for sharing this experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else we can arrange to make your next visit more enjoyable.

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The location is ideal both for visiting Manchester and business travellers. It's close to the center. Staff were all friendly and try to help me in all situations. My room was spacious enough, very clean and modern. The bed was comfy, the bathroom also clean and fresh. There is no park car on site. The breakfast was good with nice variety of food. Overall nice stay and good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business