“Better than expected for a City Centre Hotel”

Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
Ranked #35 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Better than expected for a City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed on business for 3 nights, having found I picked the wrong week for my training because Robbie Williams was in town during the same week. I was pleasantly surprised with both rooms I was in (I asked to move from the first room because the A/C wasn't working). One room was front facing and was quite noisy, but only because I had to open the window due to the A/C fault. In the evening the room was quiet, and I had no trouble sleeping. The second room was inner facing onto a quiet courtyard and I'd certainly ask for a room facing this way in future.

The hotel was quiet busy, but the restaurant and bar were never overly busy except for one morning when finding a table for breakfast was slightly challenging. The breakfast range was impressive, well cooked and plenty of variety.

The evening menu I sampled was restricted to the bar, because I chose to watch the various sports events the showed there, but the food was excellent and varied enough for several nights. Didn't feel it was over priced for what was provided. Generally a nice pleasant stay, and with wifi in the room, there really was nothing I'd complain about. (Docked one off rating for no A/C in initial room)

Room Tip: Inner courtyard seems the quietest side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially at breakfast and during you evening meal. These are two areas where we have made changes to the offering recently and its great to hear that these improvements have been well accepted.

My apologies that you experienced issues with your bedrooms air conditioning. We are currently installing a new state of the art cooling and heating system to replace this, which will offer the very best performance for our guests.

When you are visiting Manchester next, please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure you are allocated one of our preferred rooms with a complimentary superior package.

Email: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kessingland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After a great stay and visit to the Jury's Inn in Liverpool I booked to stay at the one in Manchester as myself and some friends were going to a concert. The one in Liverpool was great and the beds were so comfy.

It was great to find the beds were the same and very comfortable offering us all a really good night sleep. The hotel is in a handy location, oposite the Bridgewater Hall and 2 minutes from the GMEX as well as a short walk into the city or a very short taxi ride to the MEN. It's location is great.

We had a triple room, fine for our purpose and for an overnight stay, but if 3 of you were sharing the room for a few days it would be too small.

The hotel seemed like it needed a bit of a face lift and all thestaff bar one that we spoke to couldn't understand English very well so it was hard asking them questions.

The room was small but clean and bright with air con, hair dryer, tea and coffee etc. A handy hotel just not as other Jurys Inn standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Kayem26,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay,

Having reviewed your feedback with members of my management team, we have already begun to use this feedback as a key measurement on where improvements can be made. I have also arranged to meet with the Deputy GM in Liverpool to discuss our standards and see where they are excelling, this will help to provide consistency throughout Jurys Inn.

I do hope you will allow me the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, I am confident you will see a noticeable improvement from your last stay.

With Kind Regards

Burnley, Lancs.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked this hotel 4 days before we were due in Manchester for Saturdays Robbie Williams concert. The hotel is positioned well for tram travel around Manchester.

Our room was good and we had a good, comfortable nights sleep. The bar was ok but very expensive, £6.80 for a glass of wine and the bar staff (or lack of them) were very slow. The hotel had an offer on, if you showed them your Robbie Williams tickets you got 10% off your food and drinks which was a good idea.

We had breakfast which was excellent, an all you can eat buffet which set us up for the day.

All in all a good hotel with pleasant and helpful reception staff and I think if we had booked earlier we could have got better value because we paid a lot of money for the bed and breakfast. We would definately stay there again but I would not pay that price again just for bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms have a fairly standard view.......Manchester city center.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AandAinBurnley,

Thank you for writing your recent review.

I am delighted to learn of your experience and will ensure this is passed on to the team here. Thank you for the kind note about breakfast, as this has been a focus area for the restaurant team.

We do set our rates at a competitive level in comparison to other Hotels in Manchester, however, when key events such as Robbie Williams occur it can increase these somewhat. When you are visiting Manchester next, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be more than happy to assist with your reservation.

With Kind Regards,

England
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Noise in city centre hotels is always an issue, but there are things hotels can do to mitigate the effect on their guests. Firstly, they can make sure air conditioning units are serviced and so not unbearably loud, or failing to cool, so that guests need to open windows. Oh dear. All night parties in neighbouring flats, nightclub goers leaving at 3 am, garbage trucks at 5...all difficult to mitigate. Bt it really isn't acceptable to then wake all guests up at 8 with works and very loud workmen in the hotel corridors from 8 am.

My room had a blown bulb in the overhead light, a slipping loo seat as well as dodgy aircon. Otherwise the room was nice, though the internet access was a rip off, and the wardrobe ibnly half length, frustrating if you have a dress to hang up.

I wouldn't go back.

Dear Seantig,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay, I am hugely disappointed to learn of the shortfalls you experienced while staying with us.

Having reviewed your feedback with members of my management team, we have already begun to use this feedback as a key measurement on where improvements can be made. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Air Conditioning Unit within the Hotel to eradicate any existing noise the old one creates and reduce the need to open the window. This I believe was the noise you experienced in the morning, which I am truly sorry for. I have since met with the contracting team and have implemented strict policies to ensure subsequent disturbance is not experienced by our guests.

With Kind Regards,

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Booked this hotel as I was attending a conference at Manchester Central and this hotel was available via the organisers website and the hotel was very close to the conference centre. First impressions were not great with a very gloomy exterior. This impression was not improved by the foyer and reception area which receive little natural light and are poorly lit. The colour scheme further adds to the gloom. Check in was efficient with helpful staff.
My room was a reasonable size, clean with a small flat screen tv with freeview but again it was gloomy. There was no overhead lighting merely one light over a mirror, one floor lamp and wall mounted reading lamps. The cupboard was a weird arrangement With no door but simply a frame with hanging space and a shelf. There is no light by the cupboard so when the curtains are closed it is very difficult to see your clothes, the only way round this is to turn the light on in the bathroom and open the bathroom door.
The bathroom had some peculiar dirty beige coloured floor tiles which added to the gloom. There is an in bat shower which looks ok at first but if you want anything more than a super hot shower the water pressure drops to a trickle, not great.
There was tea and coffee making facilities but no biscuits. No niceties like wall art. Wifi is a complete rip off at £10 day, when the room costs over £100 how can they justify this.
Breakfast was ok and checkout was quick. Don't forget to factor in the cost of parking which even with the hotel discount was over £46.
So helpful staff but gloomy and expensive, there must be better options out there

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. Needless to say, I'm disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and would be very interested to discuss your experience in more detail, as we continue to look at ways in which we can improve our product and service. I would be grateful if you could contact me at your convenience on the details below.

On a more positive note, thank you for your kind comments regarding the front desk team. I will pass onto our team as they will be delighted to receive the feedback.

Tel: 0161 953 8888
Email: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my fifth stay at Jurys and it's becoming my preferred location when I'm visiting Manchester. Since my last stay in April the place has really improved. The whole hotel has had a refurbishment, bedrooms very modern, a delicious breakfast and very friendly staff.

Check-in is always a breeze even when arriving at a busy time.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk. They're always very helpful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Trip advisor,

Thank you for writing your recent review.

Jurys Inn Manchester

Tel: 0161 953 8888
E-mail: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Knaresborough, N.Yorks
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed in the Jurys Inn previously and were pleased that out repeat visit was as good as the first. Our room was fine although the bed was a standard double which,whilst adequate, was smaller than most hotels provide. However, we had a good nights sleep even though there were a number of groups staying and were clearly enjoying what Manchester nightlife has to offer (based on the breakfast room the next day). Breakfast was good, reasonable selection, variety of fresh bread was excellent. Staff were effecient and friendly. A good stay and we will use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple