“Very nice food”

Vnam
Ranked #194 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Vnam is Manchester's favourite Vietnamese restaurant serving authentic Vietnamese food. Opened since 2010 Vnam have steadily grown to one of Manchester's must visit restaurants. Specialising in Vietnam's national dish Pho noodles and grill, our ingredients are fresh and sourced locally. Customers travel as far from Liverpool and Leeds to taste our Pho-Nominal menu. Beautiful well presented food and delicately balanced flavours that would excite everyone's taste. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Booking is recommended as we can be extremely busy at times.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't be put off by the basic decor. The food is delicious and the service was very good. I especially enjoyed the beef noodle soup and would recommend it to others.

Cork, Ireland
“Nice meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went here on a rainy Friday evening in January. It is a bit of a trek out from Piccadilly Gardens, at least it is in the lashing rain! It's very sparsely decoration, very simple. Staff were nice and helpful, food was lovely. I didn't think it was amazing but I would certainly be willing to go back again as the menu has lots of interesting looking things on it, it was hard for me to make up my mind! Can't buy drink here, but pretty certain you can bring your own with you. At least I saw other tables with wine and beer (and there is an off license next door). Not too expensive either.

• Visited January 2014
“Yummy”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food. Really good service from our waiter. He was very informative and friendly. Will be coming back again fo sho!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take away”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Called in for take away: reasonable wait time, lovely food, friendly service but disappointingly small portions. Not great value for money!

London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good, authentic food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here about twice a month for a couple of years. To be honest I haven't submitted a review as I was worried it would become too popular, but I've finally decided to share (seeing someone with a Groupon recently made me worry they may struggle despite being totally awesome, as they're a small independent just out of the city centre).
This is a place where I'm not embarrassed to come alone (it's only go 35 covers or so) or bring a friend. It's a cafe rather than a restaurant, the service is ok and they clearly give a **** without being ott or too laid back.
The food is obviously made for you fresh. The Phó is the best I've had in the uk and certainly the best in manchester. They have a lunchtime special (meal plus a drink for £7). Their coffee (iced or Vietnam style) is v special indeed. What more could you want?
I'm not sure what the agenda of other reviewers is and I don't especially care. This place is brilliant and you should go (but not all at once!).

One thing I would change is the coriander and basil that comes with the phó; it's the European versions rather than the Vietnamese versions :(
Having said that I paid £17 for phó with the same condiments, and was nowhere near as good, quite recently in town.

Visited January 2014