“Never fails to deliver!”
Review of Vnam

Vnam
Ranked #191 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Vnam is Manchester's favourite Vietnamese restaurant serving authentic Vietnamese food. Opened since 2010 Vnam have steadily grown to one of Manchester's must visit restaurants. Specialising in Vietnam's national dish Pho noodles and grill, our ingredients are fresh and sourced locally. Customers travel as far from Liverpool and Leeds to taste our Pho-Nominal menu. Beautiful well presented food and delicately balanced flavours that would excite everyone's taste. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Booking is recommended as we can be extremely busy at times.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Vnam is effortlessly amazing! The food and service always offers professionalism. I have eaten here many times but took a group of our friends last week who also confirmed our thoughts. Its difficult to recommend specific dishes as they are all fantastic, however personal favourites are; the summer rolls, salt and pepper prawns, lemon grass pork, mussels in tamarind and beef brisket (oh and of course the Pho). Having visited and eaten extensively around Vietnam - this food is much the same; light, fragrant and packed full of a variety of flavours. Thanks Vnam - we will be back!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Maybe the venue and the location are not very welcoming but the staff is very polite and the food is simply amazing: light, tasty and healthy.
I have been there many times also with friends and it was always spotless.

And it's also very cheap!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

As people have said before, it's not in a great area and yes it's furnished very basically. HOWEVER...it's amazing!!! Myself and my boyfriend went here before a night out. We took our own alcohol which is always a bonus and had starter and main (the bill came to £28!!! Bargain). The food was fresh and tasty, perfect portions, very friendly staff, I love it!!!! Have already recommended it to my friends and without a doubt will be returning soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I purchased a groupon voucher that entitled us to 2 main meals for £9.50.

The restaurant is located on Oldham Road, which is 5 minutes walk from the trendy northern quarter area of Manchester. That said, the local area is desperately run down and first impressions are not good. We could not park on Oldham road, so parked to the rear of the venue...it looks dodgy!!!

Vnam is located beside a kebab shop and a Chinese takeaway. As others have said, the inside is decorated in a simple fashion. This certainly isn't the place to take someone if you want to impress them.

To start, I went for the chicken in pandana leaf.... This wasn't for me. The leaf collected too much oil from the frying and I found the chicken very tough (and brown in colour...instead of fleshy white).

My main of BBQ pork with rice was lovely. The pork was tender and flavoured well. The big portion helped too!

I really want to give this venue 3.5 out of 5, as the starter simply wasn't good enough. However, I'm opting for 4 as the lady who served us was delightful. Extremely friendly and welcoming.

Tip: make sure you visit the northern quarter, if you are not a regular to the area. Plenty of bars to choose from.... And some cool street art!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Parked on the road right in front of the restaurant. Simply furnished interior. Asked our waitress to choose a selection of food for the four of us, and we were not disappointed! Excellent friendly service, good tasty food at a good price with added advantage of taking our own beer and wine. We will visit again

1  Thank aud347