“Mixed feelings”

Browns Bar & Brasserie - Manchester
Ranked #117 of 2,400 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Blending European brasserie dishes and timelessly elegant surroundings, Browns Bar and Brasserie Manchester champions an informal yet refined concept. Renowned for indulgent twists on classic comfort food recipes, Browns has offered trademark favourites since 1973, as well as choices from the specials board or the market fresh fish of the day. Showcasing striking design features and historic or listed buildings, Browns restaurants are a refined yet relaxed dining spot, at any time of the day. Designed by Charles Heathcote in 1902, it's a lovely example of Edwardian baroque architecture with some beautiful art nouveau detailing, particularly in the wrought iron work. We're right at the heart of this friendly and welcoming city centre - just 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly Gardens.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had 2 breakfasts there. Food was very good but during the second visit I had to wait for 40 minutes for my breakfast... A bit too long for me. Bartender is nice and frindly. Nice interior and atmosphere.

1  Thank Ryszard_Ochodzki
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just called in for Saturday lunch with my daughter. We had the pulled pork with barbecue sauce and crispy duck with chilli sauce flatbreads. I struggled to find the pork on mine and the sauce was very sweet and sickly. The duck was slightly better but not worth the money. It was even more annoying when the next table had the duck flatbread which had substantially more duck on it. The service was very slow and so we will not be back.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went there for dinner and everything is good, i am having lobster pasta, which really make my day !! I like the location and it's really convenient in UK , they allow last mins online booking which to assure your got a table !

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had Sunday lunch here and I had the lamb on the bone. It was delicious and just fell of the bone. My partner had the mega burger which he also enjoyed but when he saw mine I think he was a little envious! Will definitely visit here again next time staying in Manchester.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Firstly i would like to say i have eaten at this restaurant three times now so this review is from experience.
The food is really good a little over priced for what you get, but hey ho it's the privilege of eating in the city center. The staff are friendly and professional and the general outlay of the place is great. Now then the service started off slow on my first visit but it was early evening so that's to be expected however the next 2 times were really bad. On my last visit last weekend me and my wife waited 1 hour before the drinks we ordered came to the table and it was another 30 mins before the starters arrived. We ordered more drinks with our main and then it happened...... 1 hour and 15 minutes later our food arrived we were really hungry and didn't really get an apology. We didn't want to risk ordering a pudding in case that took another hour.
I feel the place packs far too many people in at once now and there doesn't seem to be any system for the staff and bar staff.

Food: 8/10