“Vegan Fish & Chips!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Entrance on Booth Street
Transit: Tram Stops: Mosley St or St Peters Square
Description: Manchester city centres only Vegetarian restaurant, open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our kitchen is headed by Roman Labat with menus inspired by British classics with a twist. Head Chef Sam Morgan
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Vegan Fish & Chips!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

On a recent stay in Manchester we were looking for something to eat and did a web search for vegetarian food. This came up and we were able to book the taster menu online there and then. We did this and expected a shabby chic wholefoods joint.

How wrong can you be? This is a beautifully decorated place with excellent, friendly staff. For £15 each we got a glass of delicious house wine, the 3 mini starter plate (the flavour of the soup was unreal and I don't like red peppers) followed by tofu 'fish' and chips. It was a contender for the best meal ever and we headed on to our gig feeling nourished but not bloated.

Recommended to all!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb city centre vegetarian”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Wonderful, varied and different menu. £20 for 3 courses plus any drink was excellent value. The puds are to die for too!
In Mosley Street, so excellent for the Christmas markets too.
Service good.
Wine really nice and well priced. Not a huge choice, but sufficient.

Visited November 2012
Manchester
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Dined here with partner and friend after hearing many recommendations. Couldn't fault the wine list, or the staff.
The food service however was disapointing. 3 different starter all were good. We all ordered the same main - wild mushroom and spinach strudel, served with rosemary roasted potatoes (I wish) and vegetables. Because of the roasties we didn't bother to order any sides. The mains arrived without any potatoes at all. The vegetables (apart from the sugar snaps) were warm but raw. Now I enjoy my veg al dente, I couldn't even cut into the root veg. All 3 of us had the same problem. The waitress said she would ask chef for some fresh veg and rosemary roasties. Towards the end of the meal a small plate of veg arrived - enough for two reasonable servings a little skimpy for three - but no potatoes, these finally arrived in rather a small ramakin........ enough for one portion. When asked if we had enjoyed our meal! with the response of very disapointed we were given a free cup of coffee. The restaurant wasn't exactly busy. There were less than a dozen customers in. Never again.

Stoke-on-Trent
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went for lunch - bargain price of £10 for the main course and a glass of house white (which was very nice)
The food was amazing, they had ran out of one dish not so long after opening but wasn't too disappointed because what we ended up having was great.
Also had the cherry and marzipan cake for pud - AMAZING - the best pud I had ever had (and I've eaten alot of cake!)
The restuarant itself was nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate going back.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Everything perfect apart from one easy to fix issue”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Dined here with my partner on a Friday night.

Very warm welcome and choice of table, can't fault the front of house staff at all 10/10

Wine list is great, tried a Rioja and my partner had the Chardonnay, both were very good wines and came in no time at all. 10/10

Food was brilliant, some of the best vegetarian food I've ever tasted, I had the bubble & squeak cakes with spicy black bean sauce, the plate was left empty and enjoyed every bite. Presentation was great and flavour spot on. 10/10

Now the bad part, unfortunately the way the bistro is set up you're very close to the kitchen. I'm not sure whether it's down to dodgy extractor fans or just the close proximity but both our clothes ended up smelling very strongly of grease. We were planning on a few drinks after our meal, but this wasn't going to happen due to the unfortunate smell now lingering on our clothes.

I would love to say I would come here again, and I probably would if it was the end of an evening but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to recommend 1847 to a friend without mentioning the smell issue. It's such a shame cause this place could end up being on my top 3 in Manchester.

Please sort out the smell 1847 and you'll have a patron for life!