“Uninspired food in lovely restaurant”
Review of 1847 Manchester - CLOSED

1847 Manchester
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Entrance on Booth Street
Transit: Tram Stops: Mosley St or St Peters Square
Description: Manchester city centres original vegetarian restaurant is back! Launching September 2017, we're back in a new location, three times the size with full cocktail bar!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The restaurant itself is lovely - modern, bright, welcoming and the staff efficient and friendly. The food however was totally uninspiring. As a meat-eater that enjoys cooking & eating vegetarian the majority of the dishes on offer were unimaginative; I prepare better veggie/vegan meals at home.
The other point to note is that the menu states GFO for. Gluten-Free option on certain dishes but all this means is 'without bread' so Soup without the bread or Baked Camembert without the bread to dip in it (although to be fair I was offered crudités to dip in).
Overall, I was disappointed, however my daughter is is Vegan enjoyed it thoroughly.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

One veggie and three carnivores made a return visit and were not disappointed. We had the taster menu and all enjoyed our meal which was good value for money. Staff were very pleasant and service was good. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for something a little bit different to the usual fare on offer.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have just tried the new Christmas menu I had the parsnip pancakes to start,bubble and squeak with spicy blackbean sauce for mains finished off with mixed fruit and marzipan cake and all three courses were amazing.this is the second time I have been here can't wait to come back would like to say Grace front of house was very friendly and helpful

1  Thank medivelknights
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this place but some of the chairs are too low for the tables. Twice I've had to switch my chair. If they binned those, they could have 5 stars!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We visited back in February and were very disappointed with the food and service. As we were eager to give one of only a few veggie restaurants in Manchester another go we went again last night and the service and food were much improved. We will visit again!