“Great meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A pleasant evening out my wife had the fillet steak which she thought was wonderful I had bouillabaisse. Just right num num!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Rouge - Didsbury

Reviewed June 24, 2013

As usual we spent our Tesco Rewards vouchers here as they never fail to disappoint. Lovely staff, laid back atmosphere and great food! Yes service not very rapid, but it is not a fast food place and the food is worth waiting for ....well prepared and good value. Would recommend!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I called in at Cafe Rouge for a glass of wine on their open air terrace.

I waited fifteen minutes for the clearly over worked waitress to arrive.

Cafe Rouge is in a tremendous location but it suffering from cost cutting leading to low levels of service.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ate there with a friend we had two main courses it was not great. The food was warm and fresh. The coffee was bitter and lukewarm. The bar was loaded with cups and saucers and glasses and the staff were chatting near the till. Not great really overall.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went here for a family meal as we had Tesco vouchers. The staff were very friendly and willing to advise on the menu choices.We ordered a selection of 'petits plats' which are very petit but very tasty nonetheless. For the main I went for bavette steak which didn't disappoint and was cooked exactly as I had asked.

The atmosphere was nice, relaxed and we had a lovely evening. I am not sure whether we would go here without the Tesco vouchers as it does seem a tad over priced for a chain, Croque Monsieur which is essentially cheese on toast is around the £8 mark but other than that I cannot think of any negatives.