“best dosa place in manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DosaExpress

DosaExpress
Ranked #340 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: DosaXpress was established in 2009 and ever since we have been serving South Indian Specialties to the joy of all our patrons. We are the pure South Indian Restaurant in Manchester. Our Manchester branch is situated in 19,Copson Street, Withington. We specialize in South Indian Cuisine, both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes. Our up-market South Indian menu varieties such as the 40 different types of Dosa's and the tantalising Chettinadu regional specialties are unique to us. Our experienced and qualified Chefs could produce every dish to your fullest satisfaction. All our chefs were trained in India. Head chef comes from metropolitan Chennai, which is the capital city of Tamil Nadu, situated on the southeast coast of India. The aroma and flavor of our dishes are natural and delighting since we do not use any artificial flavors. The spices and ingredients are selected with utmost care and every dish is freshly made to ensure your indulgence in healthy eating. We also proudly announce our new branch in Manchester. We owe this growth to our customers, for their continued patronage and support. We hope our distinction will help your selection and look forward to serving you in our Restaurant.
Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best dosa place in manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second visit to Dosa Express with my husband and the food was so impressive it fired up our taste buds no end.
My husband had an awesome starter - chilli idli and I had the dahi vada. For the main meal we both opted for dosas- he paneer masala and I had the madras masala dosa and were not disappointed. The menu is quite extensive.
This may be a small no frills restaurant in Didsbury on Copson St. between Wilmslow Rd and Burton Rd but the food is so good it is worth it and it is inexpensive. The place is clean, has over 40 covers and is popular with everyone - south indians included - we did notice a chinese lady and an English couple coming for take aways and they had driven there just like us.Cannot wait to go there again- soon I hope.

• Visited December 2012

“Best Dosa in Manchester...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I watch Madhu Jafferey Cookery show about Dosa on Tuesday evening.. Me & my huband decided to find a best dosa place in Manchester. Googled and found Dosa Express and Punjab tandoori. Well dosa is not from Punjab so we decided to go to Dosa express Indian restaurant.. And it did not disappoint us at all... We had paneer shashlick and idli sambar in the our starter, absolutely fantastic... For our main we had Madras Dosa & Chicken Dosa both taste heavenly amazing. Very cleaned and freshly cooked food.. No oily surprisingly very light but same time filling as well. Now we know where to go for the BEST dosa. Love it... Good service too. And come from Indian background I would say it was the best experience for South Indian food in Manchester.

1 Thank Xaibnaji
Manchester, United Kingdom
“excellent south indian food by Mathew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went to dosaxpress with my family for first time.The food was excellent and proper authentic south indian food which i had tasted elsewhere in manchester.The price was also reasonable and the bill came with a NHS discount which i really surprised.Nice place to try delicious food with your family.No doubt in going back again.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester
“Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been to Dosa Express a couple of times. The food tastes great and the staff are friendly. The value however is amazing! Eating in: drink and a dosa for less that £5! Perfect for students! They have a student discount and deliver too!

• Visited June 2012
“Ordinary fare”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Being a ardent fan of south Indian food I went to this place with lot of hopes. Service is average. Food was undercooked. Still could taste raw dough of my Vadai even though it was soaked on the sambar. Also found far too much onions in the dish. To make sure food was served quickly the quality was compromised. Long way to go.