“delicious lunch on a saturday”

San Carlo Cicchetti
Ranked #193 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I took three friends here for an early lunch before going on to the Royal
Exchange for a matinee. Even though we arrived very early the place was nearly
full and buzzing with happy chatter. We were given a very nice table by the window
and the staff were most helpful explaining about the size of the food portions and
the ingredients (we had one fussy person with us!). Our food was excellent and no
mutters from anyone, the service was quick and very professional. They all said
that they would like to return.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for breakfast with our friends Sunday morning . It was a very nice breakfast well cooked and plentiful. The only off putting thing was I felt we were being a bit rushed had just finished eating and plate was whipped away like wise coffee cup. Found that a bit odd really . Apart from that a good window to handbag watch.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I popped into San Carlo Cicchetti on evening after a hard day’s work and some retail therapy at HoF, just for a coffee and to take the weight off my feet. The staff made me incredibly welcome even though it was the evening service and I made it clear that I would only be there for a drink. I ended up staying for a couple of hours, downing limoncellos and watching the world go by in this comfortable restaurant.

It’s a lovely environment, in part because its not too lively. I can’t comment on the food – it didn’t look wildly interesting, but does any Italian food really impress?! I would however recommend it for a quiet drink, and also the wonderful service. I wasn't previously aware there is a branch in London, but am sure to visit it one for a weekend lunch.

3  Thank I-veritas
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Met up for lunch with old friends. Been wanting to eat here for ages. Very busy, service was ok, though they tried to give us someone else's food several times. Food was nice, though found some dishes lacking. Not the cheapest of places but I think I will give it another try with different dishes next time.

1  Thank Baohx
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited a couple of days ago, the atmosphere was great as it was a full restaurant and it wasn't even at the weekend. Food was tasty with far size portions.
The only thing that put me out was the service, the service is rushed, and as you are having you last mouthful, your plates are gone ... Service is rushed because it is so busy! Nice food shame that the service lets it down a little. The Leeds one is better I must say.