What an experience - On arrival I was a little concerned that we were the only people staying in the hotel but check in went OK. We booked a 'superior room' superior in the sense it had a shower in it but no toilet. Looking at the room it liked as it had been refurbished it last couple of years as the fixtures and fittings were quite decent but not well maintained. I wouldn't say the room was filthy but it certainly wasn't clean, basic tea and coffee were provided as you would expect but no remote control for the TV and no glasses for rinsing etc. The carpet was disgusting and frayed near shower area. The communal toilet also have showers both had mold on the shows curtains and although the toilets themselves were clean, the rest of the area wasn't, the landing area looks very tired and could do with some money spending on it.
The hotel is at the top of the bulding, the REM bar is on the ground floor and the show bar is on the first, although on the hotels website it said it was open until 1, both were locked up by 12. Location is good right in the heart of Canal Street so don't go expecting an early night.
Breakfast was served in the show bar area, the orange juice and toast were nice, as for the rest - grease is the word. Yes its cheap and I wasn't expecting the Ritz but it needs TLC and I wouldn't stay there again - go to the Mercure or IBIS near by!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under brand new ownership, the REM Hotel has been completely modernized and renovated.Not to be mistaking with Lowry Annexe hotel which was formally owned by the previous owner and no longer operates. We can now offer 6 modern double rooms (2 with showers) in the heart of the Gay Village in Central Manchester. The hotel is open to all. Prices quoted are per room and include a full English breakfast and free wifi. The venue also includes 2 bars. The REM Bar is situated on the ground floor and is aimed at the gay men's market. Dark, modern, cruisy with a friendly team. On the first floor we also offer our lounge and showbar which is open to all with regular karaoke, live shows and a party atmosphere. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your REM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Manchester Rembrandt