“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

What a joy this place is and a jewel in Manchester. Great service with attentive staff, a very extensive menu to suit all tastes and a good choice of wines. The pasta dishes were wonderful, the steak was cooked precisely as required and the red wine served at the correct temperature. It is far superior to some other better known establishments in the City and deserves the accolades.

2  Thank Bedeboy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The service which Don Marco offers is very rare these days! I hadn't booked a table, but was seated very quickly. Drinks arrived quickly! The size portions of the food was very generous! The sea food was delicious! I ordered the linguini, I've tried it in other places and the muscles are usually really small quite dry. But Don Marco was excellent!!! I would certainly visit again! My boyfriend had risotto, and in most places it is usually too dry or too moist! But this was very fluffy! And a perfect temperature!
The chocolate cake and ice cream was delicious!!! Simple, yet mouth watering! It was certainly the best I've had for a long time!! The temperature was perfect, the chocolate cake was light and fluffy and not over powering! Like in most places!

Each waiter and waitress were all very polite and friendly! Always topping up wine glasses and were chatty! The waiter even gave me and my bf 2 shots on the house! I'm not a big fan of shots, but it was refreshing! And didn't have a horrible after taste!

Overall, the evening was flawless! I will be visiting Don Marcos again in the future!

2  Thank Vkyc91
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is my second visit to Don Marco's so thought time to leave my review. We previously had been on a Saturday at 5.30 and this time at 7pm, we have sat in the restaurant and in the arcade, just to see if atmosphere any different and it's not, I can happily say it has a very good atmosphere all round, the staff are very friendly, attentive and helpful which really does add to you experience. We have over the course of our 2 visits had the scallops,crab cakes, risotto, pasta and lasagne and various puddings, none if which you could fault in any way, you should book to avoid disappointment but people have been seated without booking, on the whole a lovely restaurant and I can honestly say we will be going again!! Soon I hope x

1  Thank FabulouslyFoody
Reviewed June 9, 2014

“Excellent food, service and atmosphere!”

Great little Italian restaurant. Booking essential as people were queuing up outside... We were on a table of 6 people and the restaurant was very accommodating when I asked if we could be sat in the alleyway (which was very atmospheric and lit by candles and very warm patio heaters)! Food fantastic and very good price! Waiters had extra treats for us as it was a birthday too! Very happy experience.... will come again!

2  Thank Damja
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday having had it described to us as little Italy. The service was good and quite 'Italian' in nature however the food was a bit lacking. Starters were good however we had the open crab ravioli for main and the pasta was a bit thick and hard in places and the filling more of a crab sandwich paste. The food definitely lacked Italian quality and authenticity. Would perhaps give it another go.

2  Thank happyhouseManchester