“One of the best Italian meals had in a long time”

Don Marco Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 2,361 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely service, fantastic tasty food , came here as going to a concert at the ritz, if we lived here we would be here all the time !

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good place in Deansgate close to the Hilton. For my appetizer, I had the goat cheese and pepper bruscheta. Very tasty.
For my entree, I had the ravioli with spinach. Very tasty. I recommend. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Decided to give Don Marco a go, as the other restaurant nearby turned us away after mentioning Taste Card. Actually, must thank them for that, as we won't be going there after eating here! Warm welcome, used our names after being introduced is always a nice touch. Had a table sort of outside but with heaters meant we were pleasantly warm. Not rushed, gentle movement between the courses, despite being a good flow of custom. Nice a cheeky waiter style. We enjoyed the food, risotto and linguini for mains and tempted by desert for a change added a nice end to a very pleasant evening. As this is now local, aNd price wise very reasonable, we'll be regulars with this standard of ambience and food.

1  Thank David900
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stopped by here for some lunch on a rainy afternoon.

We picked off the lunch menu which has a great value for money offer of a main and choice of drink for 7.95.
Despite going off the lunch menu, there was still lots of choice of pasta, salads and pizzas!

We got a few extras off the main menu, the tomato garlic bread has to be one of the best I've had! The mains were delicious also, very tasty and perfect portion sizes.
Service was friendly and attentive.

Will deffo be coming back for many lunches in the future as I work and live close by and I'd love to visit for a evening meal also :)

Recommend to all!

2  Thank Becci P
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Physically dwarfed by the Beetham Tower close by but so outstanding in cuisine that you don't give the monstrosity a second glance on leaving after a couple of hours in the relaxed Don Marco ambience .The minimalist olives prepared my palate for the superb salmone e gamberetti followed by melting tiramisu, withal accompanied by two glasses of fine valpolicella.The deep red decor is very restful , the waiters are alert and efficient and the waitresses cheerful and smiling.
An over-the-top account of a merely good Italian place ? Not a bit of it ! Don Marco is recognised as the best of its kind in the city and its absence from the Mancunian Top Twenty is a real shame.

1  Thank graham g