“The best restaurant in the world never mind Manchester, great value for money!”

Don Marco Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Don Marco is the best restaurant in Manchester because the food is tastier, the service is excellent, the waiters are so friendly, it is very romantic, the decor is wonderful old fashioned Greco Roman style and the price is comparatively low compared to Australasia, Rosso, etc.
I strongly recommend it, my wife loves it, she will not eat anywhere else. The manager needs to know that is staff are the best in the world!

1  Thank MrBombastic

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently had dinner here with friends on our weeks trip to Manchester . The service - location , food and wine were all excellent . We had our two grandchildren with us one of whom is just 6 and there was no problem in catering for them . The fact that you can eat outside whilst actually being in an arcade give a nice touch - and though it was cold for the season the heaters added warmth - I had fish and it was cooked to perfection - my companions were all very happy with their choices also . All in all a very enjoyable evening for a price you would expect for the quality .

1  Thank Darling10
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Good food, super friendly staff. Went for my birthday and definately return. Very reasonable Nice relaxing place to eat, one of the best Italians I have been to in Manchester

1  Thank Sass35
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been here several times before, but not for a while. I was surprised at how busy it was!The food is great, simple, tasty and good quality and reasonably priced. The staff are really nice and I agree that nothing seems to be too much trouble to anyone. We were there around 7.30pm on a Friday night and it was really busy. Was glad that I had booked ahead, as the queue by 8.00-8.30 was growing significantly. However, in spite of this, there was absolutely no hint of being rushed along by the staff. The atmosphere is a relaxing, chilled kind of a one, whether you choose to sit inside, or out (which is great whatever the weather, thanks to the patio-type heaters which are extremely effective). Don Marco is a lovely, little place, with character. Good!

1  Thank NYC0301
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Don Marco is next to the junction of Liverpool Rd and Deangate, and across the road from the Beetham Tower and the Great Northern. There are quite a few good reviews of this restaurant so I decided to investigate further. I can only say that I was unconvinced and am a non-believer. The welcome and service were warm and genuine enough, though when I was seated the table was still covered in salt and pepper from a previous occupant. When the starter arrived I was quite shocked by its size, the Italian's aren't renowned for nouvelle cuisine sized portions are they? I thought that was left behind where it belonged (along with power suits and big hair), in the 80s.

I was presented with a tiny piece of bread with two average sized mushroom caps sat on top, plus a smidge of goat's cheese and pesto on each. The goat's cheese was flavorsome, the rest bland, and all gone in a flash. I'd ordered the ravioli riccotta e spinachi for mains, and there were two choices for this and virtually all other pasta dishes on the menu, small/main. When mine arrived I'd thought they'd made a mistake. The pasta itself was just OK, as was the sauce, though there was no evidence of any spinach inside the ravioli and no flavour whatsoever in the ricotta. It was just bland mush.

I was still hungry, yet the panna cotta also didn't do the trick, it too was bland with no evidence of any of the white chocolate (or any other flavour for that matter) as advertised on the menu, the only flavour to be had being in the sauce. I fled to the cinema and was hungry again with three hours. Don't believe the hype, the place, service and location are just OK (though the washroom could do with a deep clean), but more importantly, the food is very average, bordering on bland.