“Top lunch time spot........”

Don Marco Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Don Marco is everything a city centre Italian should be......the restaurant is cosy/ intimate, which sets a nice atmosphere ......you have the option to eat inside, or if your feeling a little more adventurous, Al fresco ( well as al fresco as you can be in Manchester)....under the covered outdoor seating ( the restaurant is next door to Dmitri's well known for it's outdoor dining)........I have visited Don Marco twice in the last month, and will certainly be back again soon......the staff are extremely welcoming, and the menu includes the staple Italian classics ensuring that there is something for everyone.......the pizza's are impressive, as was the arrabiatta I sampled on the last visit.......( the lunch time menu is excellent value)........if you at this end of Deansgate, or you fancy a trip off the beaten path you could do a lot worse than make your way up to Liverpool Road......

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I dined here on Saturday night and it was perfect.

Our table was in the glass covered walk way and it was a lovely setting, really had an Italian feel to it.

We both shared a garlic bread starter which was kept warm at the table by being placed over a candle which was a nice touch. My mains was the chicken cacciatore and my husband had the filet steak with diane sauce - both meals were faultless, the steak was cooked to perfection - medium to well done exaclty as ordered, the chicken melted in your mouth, the vegetables were cooked just right as well, tasty, the right colour and still remained a slight crunch (all too often in other restaurants you get soggy yellow green veg that has been either over cooked or kept warm in water and stewed, one of my pet hates). We didn't have desert as we were too full but the people around us who had deserts all looked mouth watering and very well presented.

All the waiters are very attentive and polite without being overpowering, and kept us informed how long our mains were going to be which was nice.

Our bill including 2 rounds of drinks (peroni and vodka lemonade) came to £55.00 which we thought was exceptionally good value.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back again or recommend to friends, one of the nicest dining experiences I have had.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This lovely restaurant enjoys an idyllic setting, they managed to turn keep the industrial aspect of the building but with a nice Italian ambiance, very warm and cosy. We booked a table for four and when we arrived, we were offered to eat outside. Though the weather was a bit cold, we decided to sit in the covered walkway outside, it was equipped with outdoor eaters so the temperature was perfect. The waiters were all very friendly and welcoming and made sure everything was ok during our dinner without being intrusive which was really appreciated. The food was great and filling, we all had a starter and a main course. I would definitely recommend this place for all types of occasions, the settings are perfect for a family or a romantic dinner as well as for groups and the prices are very reasonable. Loved it!

1  Thank goldentrain
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I read a receent negative comment as i had just booked a party for 20, i am happy to say were totaly incorrect about this place, the lasagne was one of the best, presentation atmospheare and quality of fodd was very good.
I highly recomend a visit

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very good pizzas and pasta served in a nice restaurant by friendly staff. Good value as well especially at lunch. Try it.