“Made me feel I was in Italy”

Don Marco Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Nice Italian food. We had a sharing starter which contained bits of everything, although it could be a bit too much for two persons! Pasta was tasty and came with big portion (it was rare I couldn't manage to finish a pasta dish!). I made a good choice to sit in the outside area, it felt like eating in an open space of Italy (well almost).

4  Thank manchai

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We went to dinner at Don Marco on a Saturday night and had an excellent experience. The food was amazing, I loved my dishes, I had the brushetta for my starter and a pizza for my main..both were excellent, the brushetta was really tasty, the bread was a really good quality bread and the tomatoes were really fresh and it was generally really well seasoned. My pizza was fantastic too, the base was really tasty and the toppings including seasoning were perfect, full of fresh flavours and an excellent taste. I am a very very picky eater so for me to be completely satisfied takes a lot! My husband had the mussels to start with, he said they were not the best as they tasted like they had been precooked and reheated, therefore had an overcooked rubbery texture but the sauce it was served in was tasty and plentiful. He had a seafood pasta for his main and this was done to perfection like my pizza, the pasta was cooked perfectly, al dente, there were plenty of prawns in it and the sauce was very well seasoned too.

We didn’t have dessert as we were full but they did look very yummy! Also they are very fast with the food, we were in and out within an hour!

My only complaint about this restaurant is minor but when the waiter and waitress came over to ask how the food was I found both spoke directly to my husband and didn't bat an eyelid at me and I then noticed the waiter do this to the table next to us, just asking the man rather than both him and his partner. Very strange. However as the food was excellent, I would definitely return to this restaurant.

2  Thank Dee082
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went for a family, pre-theatre meal and we had a starter and a main course.
Very efficient and friendly service. Nicely fitted out location in an arcade with a good atmosphere.
I had a mushroom and goat' s cheese starter and a chicken risotto - both very good. The rest of our party also seemed very pleased with their choices.
Good value at this out-of-centre end of Deansgate.

2  Thank Lakelandman
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was our first visit to Don Marco and we chose it based on the reviews on the site. We weren't disappointed! Four of us went and we all had a fabulous meal. We sat outside and really like the ambience. The starters arrived promptly and I was most impressed with the seafood salad - huge and very tasty. The main courses were equally impressive - the duck was enormous (all meat, little bone), the stuffed chicken beautifully presented and the spaghetti and meatballs the best I've ever tasted. We were all too full for deserts but I'm sure they'd have been equally tasty. We'll definitely be making a repeat visit. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TheRelfster
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This restauran got nothing to do with italian food the pasta was precook very bad experience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Andrewlinch