“Average”

Neighborhood: Chorlton
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a busy Sunday night. Was 1/4 full or less when we arrived but was wall to wall when we left. The interior of the restaurant was nicely decorated but my major gripe was the restaurant was so cold!! Perhaps had we had a radiator seat it would have been more bearable but as we were a large group we were sitting in the middle of the restaurant and I had to wear my husbands coat throughout the meal, which looked silly as the sleeves were far too long and kept getting curry sauce on them. Anyway to the food... Had the pumpkin puri starter which was nice, but that's all I can say... Not delicious. Had butter chicken for main. Good size portion but really nothing special at all. Had better elsewhere. Service was ok.... Drinks overpriced in my opinion. Waiters were attentive and polite. Everywhere was clean. All in all, I found the restaurants prices did not match the quality and the restaurant was far too cold. Guests shivering.

• Visited November 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My family and I went to the Coriander last Friday. The curries are quite different to most of those in Manchester and much better!! Really delicious food and very friendly service.

• Visited October 2013
Goostrey, United Kingdom
“Birthday Bliss!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was a wonderful evening for me to celebrate my birthday with my family at the new Coriander restaurant on Saturday night. The atmosphere & service were excellent, and the food was really fresh flavoured and tasty - meat was really tender. The staff sang Happy Birthday to me at the end of my meal - a really nice touch.

• Visited October 2013
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a superb dining experience. The food is truly excellent - best Indian meal we've had, and there have been a lot of those. Pleasant, modern restaurant and very good service. We ate early on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was soon full, but the staff seemed to step up another gear to ensure the service remained good. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend - shame we don't live locally but when visiting Chorlton we will certainly come again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank andy998
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Modern healthy indian food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited here recently for our teenage son's birthday, making sure to book, as it is full to the rafters most nights, unlike the the other curry houses near to it. Spoilt for choice! Our starters were delicious - healthy, light and full of flavour. The mains were a bit disappointing after this, but still quite good. Service was good and bill wasn't too bad. A great place for non-meat eaters - the fish and vege dishes were the best ones. But we left with the feeling that the food wasn't as good as it could be, because it was just too busy..Maybe we will go back when its quieter!

• Visited September 2013