“Excellent food, personal service but...”
Review of Coriander

Coriander
Ranked #427 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chorlton
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good things first: the food in this brand new and attractive older brother of the original Coriander near the Cemetery is excellent. Great menu. Good veggie choices. No funny additives. Big portions, especially the rice. Bangla on draught. Same friendly people. And now an easy stroll rather than the hike up Barlow Moor Road. Easily the best food in the area. What's not to like? As it was heaving with people when we got there at 9, it's clear the rest of Chorlton were in agreement.

This would have been a five star review if the new Coriander's organisation was anywhere near the standard of the food and the welcoming staff. Fair enough it was Friday night and it was nearly full but we grew old waiting for the meal and even the pappadums took 10 minutes to arrive. The table next to us had their main course arrive before their starters. Will this put me off going again? NO. It's such a joy having a decent curry house in the main part of Chorlton that we would happily return. Organisation can be improved, and I'm sure will be. The food is the reason to go back.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Superb meal - my wife says best curry she's ever had and my 80 year old mother (who doesn't eat curries) was licking her plate. I can only imagine anyone giving it one star has an interest in something close by! (I get the sense that they couldn't serve crap food if their life depended on it). Service was friendly but very apologetic as the waiting times were horrendous. (This I imagine because just a few days after the move to the centre of Chorlton and the place was heaving ... great excitement that the renowned Coriangder is now within walking distance obviously. So I'm overlooking that in writing this review and assuming they have the manning sorted now ... if they haven't it'll be a real shame).

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was raving about this place so we tried. It was nice for a local curry but I think we'd rather head into town! Our curries weren't mega tasty! Hubby's was hot but no flavour. I love coriander (the herb) but it literally was all I could taste in my dish! We'd go again when we want to stay local! Plus the staff were really lovely!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Been going to the Coriander for years and still make special trip occasionally even though we are now the other side of Manchester. With a menu with a difference and a healthy approach to food prep can't beat it for me!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Coriander restaurant is currently situated in a modest position on Barlow Moor Road, opposite Southern Cemetery and comprising a smallish room with maybe 30 covers and a thriving takeaway business. I understand that it is soon to relocate to larger premises by Chorlton bus station - good move..

So, the food. Wonderful tastes and textures cooked from good quality ingredients. The curries do not set you on fire, rather they enhance the taste of the raw materials. The menu selection is good and the service is fine - always with a smile and a friendly word or two. Prices are competitive and the takeaway service is divine; I will often ring through an order as I set off for home from town; by the time I get to Coriander the food is ready to go.

Give this place a try - you will not be disappointed.