“My Review”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
west yorkshire uk
“My Review”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had tried to book a table the previous day but was told as there was a concert on at the arena it was first come first served, I was also told what time it would be busy so to make sure to allow plenty of time. I arrived at 4.30 to be told there was a 20 min wait which was fine as I was meeting my daughter for a pre concert meal and her train was not due in till later. I went to the bar for a drink to be greeted by the friendly staff which I like as sometimes when I have been on my own I have been ignored elsewhere. I was taken upstairs by the lift with Caroline who chatted away and was very friendly. At my table I explained that I was waiting for my daughter, no problem. When my daughter arrived Darren took her drink order and gave us time to choose our meal option. The starter arrived quickly as by now it was very busy and our main courses soon followed but our onion rings did not. When we told Darrren he asked if we still wanted them and returned quite quickly with the onion rings, good size portion and very tasty. When we asked for our bill and explained that we had a voucher to use we were told that there may be a problem and the manager would come to explain. The lady manager explained that they are only able to take paper vouchers at the present time and not a card voucher as we had, it seems to be a on going problem and she said she would try and sort it out, because of this and another problem we were given a discount and the matter was soon resolved, top marks to the manager. Our server Darren was great he is a credit to the restaurant and nothing was too much trouble for him, we will be returning here next time we are in Manchester.

Ben G, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
What a cool review ladybanker55, thank you for sharing with everyone.

I'm glad you had such a great time, I will feedback your comments to Darren, Caroline and Gilly (manager on duty), we love it when our team are recognised for the service they give.

We cannot wait to see you folks when you return, please visit hardrockrewards.com to sign up to our free loyalty program you get awesome benefits such as jumping the queue and one off, exclusive, members only events - Who wouldn't want the Rock star treatment??

Rock On!

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ibiza, Spain
“New menu is great!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I love Hard rock and have visited over a dozen, this one was great probably the biggest I have been to. On arrival we were told there is a short wait, the friendly host gave us a pager while we got drinks at the bar, our table was ready before we finished them. The manger walked us to the table and informed us of their new menu and recomended some dishes which we did try!

The building is spread over 3 levels with a bar area, stage area and top balcony which is where we sat. Great views overlooking the stage and good selection of memorabilia on the walls. Our waitress was great real friendly, since my friend had previously ordered a soft drink at the bar she gave him free refills! we usually order the jumbo combo to share and this time was no exception however we didn't realise they had changed what you get! It was still amazing, we also tried one of their new burgers, it was good but because it was 2 smaller burger patties I couldn't have it cooked rare!

In general its a great bar, with good food and amazing staff, if I'm back in Manchester soon I'll definitely come again!

Ben G, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Top review crasherkid, thanks for the love!!

Sounds like you had the new Tango Burger, my favourite of the new items on the menu.....Sloppy Joe mix sandwiched between 2 burger patties, American, Jack and Blue cheese along wiht tangy BBQ sauce. It's awesome, right?

Next time you're in town please come by and say hi, we'd love to have you, while you're at it make sure you sign up to Hard Rock Rewards - our free loyalty program.

You Rock
Yorkshire
“Disappointed with Hardrock”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited the Hardrock Manchester for my wife's birthday, we didn't have a problem getting a table a 15 minute wait which was acceptable .
Impressed with the surroundings nice table & pleasent server, ordered the nachos with briskit which was a large serving but very dry.
We then ordered a burger .. Nice but luck warm
Pulled pork sandwich very dry, cold chips
Chicken arubular salad loads of lettuce leaves not much filling 2 pieces of orange segment & processed chicken lacking dressing ...very poor
Then to the pudding of which we didn't order as it was nearly £7 for a small serving
Overall poor quality food of which we found wasn't good value for money.. Disappointed

Dear sigolf,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor for the Hard Rock Cafe Manchester, I am sorry t see your food did not live up to expectations. We make pretty much all our ingredients on site, the chicken in the Arugula salad is grilled and sliced in the kitchen every morning.

Please do not hesitate to let your server know if you are unhappy with your food, we will always do our best to ensure guests feel they are getting value for money. We are very proud of what we do and if we get it wrong we would rather somebody tell us so we can fix it. We are human after all and everyone makes mistakes.....

Please feel free to email me if you would like to discuss your comments further
Love All - Serve All
manchester_agm@hardrock.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
“texan pulled pork burger”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

not bad, tasted fine but quite hard to eat due to it being impossible to cut easily or pick up.
service great, quick, friendly. Only problem being put in a corner when you are eating on your own, not ideal.
music quite loud, but I think that's what they are all like, after all its a hard rock!

Ben G, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thanks for the review britsailor, our sandwiches and burgers are stacked, how you want to eat them is up to you, we won't be apologising for serving you a loaded sandwich!

If you are unhappy with the table offered to you please just say so and we will happily move you to a table you find more appropriate, it's no problem. You are right about the music though, we aren't called Hard Rock Cafe for nothing......

You stay cool now!
Langho, United Kingdom
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I tried to book a table for 10 a week before my son's birthday party, to be told they didn't take bookings!!! On arrival, 4 hours before we wanted a table, we were told they didn't take bookings, that it was on a first come first served basis. When we gave the time we were thinking of they shook their heads and said 'ooh not sure, we've got a few bookings then'!!!!!! Waited 1 and a half hours for the table. Advised waitress we has a train to catch. She seemed to suggest it wouldn't be a problem but yet we managed to miss the train by 40 minutes!! To add insult to injury, the bar service was awful and the taps in the ladies toilets didn't work - very hygienic when we are eating!!! Avoid avoid avoid!!!!! Will not be returning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben G, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Chudleighs,

Whilst we do take bookings for parties of 10 or more we only take a certain number over the course of a day and therefore we were unable to take any more on the date you chose to come in. Guests book with us months in advance and pay deposits to secure their table, once we have reached the allocated number of tables our seating policy is first come first served.
I apologise if this was not explained clearly enough to you when you called or by the host team on arrival, we always look to offer everyone a realistic waiting time for their table but sometimes the wait can be a little longer.

Please feel free to speak to the manager on duty at any point during a visit to Hard Rock Cafe Manchester as we will always do our best to ensure guest have a great time.

I am puzzled by your comment about the taps as we have had no problems with them - I even had our maintenance engineer check them and he found they are all working fine, they have a push button on the end of the barrel, perhaps you thought they were motion sensitive?

Please feel free to contact me at the address below to allow me to look into your visit a little more.
Take Time to be Kind