“Can't see that far!”
Review of Manchester Arena

Manchester Arena
Ranked #20 of 188 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Manchester Arena, managed and operated by SMG Europe, is one of the busiest venues in the world and the largest indoor arena in Europe. Since opening in 1995, the Arena has hosted the biggest names in live entertainment including U2, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Pavarotti and the record-breaking 2010/2011 residency by local comedian Peter Kay. In addition to live music, we've also staged some of the biggest events in the UK sporting calendar including several 2002 Commonwealth Games' events, the 2012 Olympic basketball warm-up match between team USA and GB, the 2008 FINA World Swimming Championships and international boxing bouts by Mike Tyson, David Haye, Joe Calzaghe and local champions Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan. We've also played a key part in Manchester's rich musical heritage with historic shows by local bands Take That, Oasis, Elbow, New Order, James, Happy Mondays, The Charlatans, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, M People, Doves, The Inspiral Carpets, The Verve, Simply Red and The Courteeners. Attracting over one million visitors each year, the 21,000 capacity Arena is a former winner of the industry's prestigious International Venue of the Year award.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Unless you are in the most expensive and best seats...you can't see anything.....also if you want to get up and dance, there is always someone at the back of you wanting you to sit down...fair enough but if you are at a concert, don't you want to get down and boogy! Would rather stay at home, dance round my handbag and see a lot more!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I visited Manchester Evening News Arena with my 11 year old daughter to see Rihanna. In the main I found the arena to be well staffed with courteous staff who were very helpful. However, there were one or two issues. I wanted to buy a bottle of water to take to my seat so I would not have to leave my seat at the interval but they would not sell it with the top on. I had paid for pre-paid parking and was parked very near to the door of the car park. On exit, however, everyone had to leave by the nearest exit so I ended uup walking up the road and dodging t-shirt sellers with an eleven year old which was really annonying when I was parked so close to the door.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

great seats for all budgets! shows many things had a really great night here will definitely go again great music venue

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to see Kings Of Leon fantastic gig great venue in a decent place for public transport. The arena is quite clean but outside where the box office is there's annoying ticket touts everywhere. The car park was built for minis it's no good for saloons or specially 4x4's it is as tight as anything... P

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to see Kings of Leon on 25th June.
this was my first ever visit to the MEN< and I had been a bit put off by the reviews on here about the staff. But in my opinion,they were helpful,and efficient.

The price of food and drink is extortionate, but that is the same everywhere.

They make it quite clear at the entrance,before you go in that bags will be searched and banned items,which are listed, will not be allowed in. It does say cameras/recording equipment not allowed in,but on the website it DOES say that 35mm cameras are allowed...but that could change on the night (blaming the artists!!). I had my camera, and hid it at the bottom of my handbag!! I made a big show of opening my bag for the guy to see,and he just gave a cursory look.
Inside, many people had their cameras, and the steward for our section even allowed herself to be photographed with some girls,with a camera not a phone!

The seats are comfortable (padded) in section 213,and there was a fabulous view.

The downside...as at most gigs...people who cannot sit still for longer than 5 minutes and are constantly going back and forth to get drinks/go to the toilets.Drives me mad,especially when the concert is actually in progress. Why pay all that money for a ticket and then not watch it????
Car parking: we got there early (5pm - doors opened 6pm) and parked in the car parking lot opposite, £6 for event parking,instead of £12 at the NCP!!!!,and we got out after the event really quickly. While we waited for the doors to open, we strolled around the city centre ,which is literally just around the corner1

All-in-all a great visit, and would definitely go again. And Kings of Leon were awesome!