“The most amazing shopping centre I have ever been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Afflecks

Afflecks
Ranked #3 of 52 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Buy the latest dance floor and street fashions from young designers and second-hand stalls at this exciting arcade.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Helsinki, Finland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The most amazing shopping centre I have ever been to!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place itself made it worthwhile to travel to Manchester! Didn't buy so much, just kept marveling at extraordinary things around. I could have spent hours there (oh wait, we did...). I also learned that I can get drunk eating an ice cream.

Visited December 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks so much for this great review, its good to know that you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again next time you are in Manchester.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Alternative arndale”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the Arndale for the people into Alternative. I love this place, whenever i come into the city centre of Manchester i always have to pay Afflecks a visit. There is so much to see here, the stalls just seem to go on and they are all full of really cool and unique things. If you are coming into Manchester city centre, definitely pay a visit to Afflecks.

Visited June 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for the great review Amy, we are so happy that you are a fan of Afflecks and enjoy visiting us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good shops but terrible piercing”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was recommended by a friend that if I wanted a piercing that this was the place to go. All the shops seems cool enough, even bought an Halloween costume, but the piercing and tattoo shop was just awful. As soon as I walked in and asked for my piercing, I was took to the back room without a word been spoken to me. Sat down and she cleaned and put the needle straight through me, gave me a piece of paper and then walked away. It's just that it was my first piercing and I told her that, she gave me no response, and just continued. She in no way tried to calm me down or talk through any of the cleaning routines afterwards. Later I had to return because the piercing in my ball fell out and I asked if they could replace it and the same woman scowled at me, took me in the back and replaced it. Again, with no conversation or anything. I felt like I was been looked down upon and that she was being very rude towards me, so for that fact, I will never go back to that piercing shop.

Visited October 2013
13 Thank Hiccupingduck
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience at The Studio in Afflecks, please rest assured that I will be discussing this matter with the business manager, if you have any further comments or would like any feedback from my discussion with the manager of The Studio then please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 839 0718.

Thanks
Tony
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“extraordinary”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for something special/weird that's the right place. There're many handmade stuffs, not only clothes but all kinds of accessories. There is also a shop that sells the things and equipment for diy. Really love that shop. It's really interesting to walk around Afflecks, remember the way and don't get lost =b

1 Thank zizi0815
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, its great to hear that you enjoyed your visit. See you again soon.
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Interesting place”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Interesting store, with curious and unique products. Different mini stores selling thei runique clothing. Prices vary largely.
However, the must see are really the outside area of the big store with amazing mosaics

Visited August 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Afflecks, its great to know that you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again soon.