“Good shops but terrible piercing”
Review of Afflecks

Afflecks
Ranked #3 of 51 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Buy the latest dance floor and street fashions from young designers and second-hand stalls at this exciting arcade.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good shops but terrible piercing”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was recommended by a friend that if I wanted a piercing that this was the place to go. All the shops seems cool enough, even bought an Halloween costume, but the piercing and tattoo shop was just awful. As soon as I walked in and asked for my piercing, I was took to the back room without a word been spoken to me. Sat down and she cleaned and put the needle straight through me, gave me a piece of paper and then walked away. It's just that it was my first piercing and I told her that, she gave me no response, and just continued. She in no way tried to calm me down or talk through any of the cleaning routines afterwards. Later I had to return because the piercing in my ball fell out and I asked if they could replace it and the same woman scowled at me, took me in the back and replaced it. Again, with no conversation or anything. I felt like I was been looked down upon and that she was being very rude towards me, so for that fact, I will never go back to that piercing shop.

Visited October 2013
13 Thank Hiccupingduck
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience at The Studio in Afflecks, please rest assured that I will be discussing this matter with the business manager, if you have any further comments or would like any feedback from my discussion with the manager of The Studio then please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 839 0718.

Thanks

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“extraordinary”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for something special/weird that's the right place. There're many handmade stuffs, not only clothes but all kinds of accessories. There is also a shop that sells the things and equipment for diy. Really love that shop. It's really interesting to walk around Afflecks, remember the way and don't get lost =b

1 Thank zizi0815
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, its great to hear that you enjoyed your visit. See you again soon.
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Interesting place”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Interesting store, with curious and unique products. Different mini stores selling thei runique clothing. Prices vary largely.
However, the must see are really the outside area of the big store with amazing mosaics

Visited August 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Afflecks, its great to know that you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool place”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Have been here before. A really good place if your looking for something from the past or a vision of new designer's

It's all small shops and has to be a must to visit. Can't go wrong. A good way to spend an hour.

Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for the great review! it means so much to us at Afflecks when people take the time to share their experience with others. See you again soon.
Sydney
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Morning out in the Manchester rain”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a couple of hours to kill and our relatives suggested Afflecks. We had a great time exploring all the nooks & crannies....our teenage daughter enjoyed looking at all the different designs. A good place to visit if you have an hour or two.

Visited September 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks for the review Mark, it's great to know that you enjoyed your trip to Afflecks during your visit to Manchester & the UK. It means a lot to all the independent traders when people take the time to share their experience with others.