“What a place”

Afflecks
Ranked #3 of 52 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Buy the latest dance floor and street fashions from young designers and second-hand stalls at this exciting arcade.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
London, England, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What a place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Afflecks is like no where else I have ever visited. The important bits first:
If IT IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE - don't let the steps put you off, there is a ramp that can be put on the stairs to enable wheelchair users to get up, it is normally kept just inside the door. When we visited (Wife is a wheelchair user) the passenger lift was out of order but we were allowed to use the goods lift accompanied by a member of staff, who were always friendly. The shops are quirky, inexpensive, and independent. It is very much open plan to be careful you don't take goods out of one shop into another.

2 Thank Magicmingus
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the review, it was great to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you were not put off by our passenger lift being out of service whilst you were here.

We hope to see you again when you are next in Manchester.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have been shopping at Afflecks for many years. It's a wonderful place to spend a few hours with so many wonderful shops and things to see. I visited the cafe on my most recent trip and the staff were so helpful and patient, as I had children in tow. Afflecks is a place for the young and old and there's definitely something for everyone.

Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review, it really does mean a lot to us all at Afflecks to know that people appreciate what it is we do. Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit, hope to see you again soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Wonderland!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came back to Affleck's for a wander after forgetting about it for several years.So glad I did!! The place is filled to bursting with amazing boutiques, outlets, creatives and more- all worthy of being there. The day we came there was entertainment on in the 50s style diner (not sure if this is a regular thing-it should be!!) so the atmosphere was absolutely buzzing. We stopped to have a milkshake and watch the delightful singing and dancing- really added to our visit. We then bought a few bits from various stalls but mainly it was great just being there, browsing and chatting with the friendly shop owners. Make a trip- it's great!

1 Thank john j
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thanks for the great review! glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, see you again soon.
Manchester
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Afflecks - 25 years on”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really have been a fan of Afflecks for quarter of a century and am delighted that 25 years after I first visited it that it's still proving to be an integral part of all that's good about Manchester City Centre. From the weird and wonderful to the fantastic independent shops, I love the way that Afflecks has always been able to offer something 'a little bit different' from boring high street fashion. In the days of The Cure and The Smiths, I bought a 70s suede jacket from there, and I still have it to this day. I always wondered who the Jim'll fix It Piano used to belong to originally?? I am intending on visiting soon to look for an alternative outfit for my best friends wedding. Something for ALL ages and I should know!

Visited January 2013
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Great review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it, so glad that after all these year's that you are still a fan. Thanks again for your support and we hope to see you again soon.
Glossop, United Kingdom
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Chezzie Le Choux Cake Pop Class”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a social living voucher for a cake pop decorating class that was being delivered by Chezzie Le Choux whom are situated on the 3rd floor of Afflecks.

The class was great fun and I went away learning a lot. I will also be back to stock up on the gorgeous cupcake box's that are sold

Visited March 2013
1 Thank natstarr
Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for the review, great to hear that you enjoyed your class with Cherrill, we look forward to seeing you again soon.