Just stayed at the Mal for 1 night and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. On first impressions it looked very swish but when we got got to our room (on the 5th floor on a Monday night?) we felt we had be hidden away. The hotel signs were missing letters and the carpets were stained. The room was OK very small and warm. Only good points were the shower and bed. I had a treatment in the spa, however they booked me in for the wrong one, the beautican wad disinterested and I got the feeling I was wasting her time. This generally was the theme for the rest of the staff as well. It was also the noisest hotels i have ever stayed in, people screaming and banging doors all night long. Breakfast was OK apart from the staff made it difficult to order and made us feel like we shouldn't touch the continetal section. Over all not a good enough experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel