Just got back from a stay here on the Saturday night and I was really impressed. I really wanted to stay in the Lowry as I've been there before, but now think any future visits would be better spent here as it's so close to the main train station.
I was a bit worried about the attitude of the staff, based on other reviews here, but found them to be great; really professional and courteous. I arrived before the 3pm check in and they took my bag so I was free to laze about Manchester for a few hours, which I thought was cool.
The room itself was nice. Smaller than the one I stayed in in the Lowry, but very nicely decorated and I really liked the bathroom - big fluffy towels (with spares in the cupboard) and nice toiletries. I didn't have any problems with noisy heating systems etc, and the bed was SO comfy!
All in all I really enjoyed this hotel, from the staff to the rooms to the location. Only negative side was bar prices - £3.35 for a pint of Kronenburg....that said, there are loads of other cheap(er) bars close by so it's not a big problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel