Stayed one night at Malmaison, did the £250 suite deal. Check in was cheerful and courteous, and included an offer of help with my luggage. The Suite (Rm 207) was lovely and spacious (sitting room was a bit souless - like a room in a hospital where they break bad news - needs more colour and cushions - but liked the glossy magazines on offer). The iPod docking station is a nice touch, there was also a CD player - and free broadband access (easy to use) The deal included a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival, which weren't in the room. There had been a mix up with our booking and we had to wait 30 mins for delivery - we were getting thirsty! Very apologetic staff. We expected a mini-bottle of champagne - but we're delighted to take delivery of a full bottle of Verve Cliquot and the strawberries were divine - chocolate still warm. Proper towels and bathroom products were great, I can't stand those flannel sized excuses for towels in most hotels, not here - thick fluffy huge towels. Didn't use the spa - can't comment. Champagne breakfast was delivered to the room by two cheerful members of staff, keen to hear if we'd had a good stay. Breakfast is delivered in a wicker picnic basket - delighful and delicious - and at normally 9.95 per head I think is great value. Overall I would say that Malmaison needs a bit of sprucing up in areas - but the service we received was good, there are nice touches that you don't get in other similar hotels (e.g. oversize bathroom products that you are encouraged to take home with you) and I would stay there again, and recommend to others.
We ate at Teppanyaki, a japanese restaurant in china town, the chefs cook on hot plates at the tables - dinner theatre! - would highly recommend - still talking about the meal 48 hours later, can't wait to go back. Best japanese ever tasted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel