I've stayed at Mal Manchester quite a few times, and always loved it. I stayed in November 2013 and wasn't impressed at all, but went again in August 2014 - what a difference! The Reception staff were welcoming and extremely efficient and coped well under extreme pressure (it was exceptionally busy). I was lucky enough to have booked a treatment in the Spa, and the welcome there was excellent, and the treatment utterly fabulous (came very close to beating the massage I had at Palazzo Versace Gold Coast!) The bar staff were friendly, and the champagne cocktails were divine.
My room was beyond wonderful - though I do wish I could have swapped the complimentary toiletries for the shower!! I ate in the restaurant, which was very busy, but the staff were very efficient and attentive, and I didn't wait very long between courses.
What can I say.....if you are looking for a decadent weekend and want to leave all your troubles outside the hotel door with friends or partner then this is definitely the hotel for you. I really cannot recommend it highly enough - and I WILL be back - I am curious about the Romeo & Juliet suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel