“Great City Centre Hotel”

Malmaison Manchester
Ranked #35 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Rhyl
“Great City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, a pleasant change from the box type modern budget hotel.
Great location for the Railway Station and Shops, rooms clean and tidy, with a great shower.
Views from the hotel, what you would expect for a city centre hotel, i.e. Nothing to see.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but the bar area has a nice atmosphere, with nice selection of drinks and friendly staff, in fact all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful.
Would recommend this hotel to anybody that's needs to be close to the centre of Manchester, weather it's for business or pleasure

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

\When I first mentioned to my work mate that I was in Malmaison for the week, his first reaction was “you don’t wanna stay there ! it is like a madam’s house” (he used a different work to describe but i will refrain from using it here). I turned looked at him wide eyes and was not sure what was the story behind this joke. Well, all i had to do was step into the hotel and I knew where that came from.
The entrance is very dark with few small red lamps here and there. I have bad eyes so I have stop for a moment before my eyes get used to it,
I am not sure why any hotel will go that look but they do.
Other than that, I thought the hotel was nice. The room was big ( i had an executive room though. Reasonably well lit, pretty clean. The bathroom had old style tiles but other than that fittings were modern and clean. The toiletries and condition of linen was really good. Staff was generally courteous and pleasant.
Couple of small things I picked on. No plug point next to the bed so annoying to have your phone away from you in the morning. The room service is average and I really would not recommend it., Lots of nice restaurants around.
All in all, is a nice place for a few nights. Though personally the lobby lighting is a big put off me so unlikely go back for a stay there.

Room Tip: the executive room is nice. Ask for a room in the refurbished part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and the place was beautifully clean and the staff were very welcoming. However, it was a struggle turning the air con on due to broken buttons and the bathroom smelt like feet.

• Stayed July 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently stayed in the Malmaison over the weekend with work, and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

The reception staff were incredibly friendly and polite, and made all interactions comfortable and easy.

The room was stunning; I couldn't fault a thing, and I found the amenities, as well as the restaurant to be superb.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Manchester, the rooms are great value for a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the bed and bubbles package and also opted into their upgrade system. Stayed in superior deluxe double for £93 inc breakfast and glass of bubbles. Excellent value. Large room with fab rain shower which actually worked like it should. Only complaint is the air con which makes the room smell.

Stayed July 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I visited Malmasion last week with my wife and my two sons for my sons graduation. From the moment we arrived we were treated with excellent customer service and were shown are room promptly which was top standard. On the night of arrival I went downstairs to the bar myself for a few hours were I meet a lovely barmaid ezjay who I must say was very friendly humorous and welcoming I then had a look at the cocktail menu I couldn't decide so the barmaid asked me my taste and recommended me an old Cuban (which are a must try). The next day my family and I went to the bar for a quick bite to eat and a few drinks before exploring Manchester were we were served by ezjay again my wife noted to me how much she went the extra mile to make the whole family feel welcome by congratulating my son straight away and getting my 5 year old a bubble gun and a few of cookies he was delighted while the rest of us were able to relax and have a few cocktails. I have visited the uk many times but It has to be said that we have never had a more enjoyable stay as we did in the Malmasion Manchester.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here for a girly catch up on one of May's amazing deals I can only say I have come home relaxed and having had a fab time.
Amazing value