I would like to point out that we only stayed at this hotel as we thought it would be worth spending a little more and being near the train station upon checking in the reception staff where polite this is the only reason we gave 5 for service. once we got to the room this is where I would like to point out that the room we stayed in looked at first glance to be fantastic once we had settled in and had time to make a coffee we noticed that the room was looking tired and in need of a paint job the bathroom walls had marks all over and the seal on the bath and the shower screen was dirty. Whilst having a shower the little plastic instruction card on how to turn up the temp says something like "press the red button"...after 1-2 mins I figured out there was actually no red button but a tap in the middle.
The morning came and while packing stuff I noticed the state of the bed base it had been slashed open and the only thing covering the large hole was the valance considering the hotel looks good I would ask that the hotel management look at each room and start to look in to decorating the rooms as I for one will not return to the Malmaison Manchester knowing that the rooms are not up to the standard you would expect for the money you pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel