Just recently stayed at the hotel.
After reading a few reviews was hoping that we didn't get a room above the bar and we did. Fortunately we couldn't hear a thing so well done on the brick work.
Very courteous at the front desk and had an interest in what we were doing rather than reading from a script.
Rooms were dark (which we knew) and could of done with some extra lighting to help the missus get ready.
Bonus of having Sky Sports channels free to watch.
Service was good at the bar as am a bit of a stickler when it comes to be on waiter service.
Drinks to mouth was within the 5 min time limit. Haha.
Breakfast was good. The sausages wernt proper and had the texture of a hot dog rather than a good old fashioned bangar! Saying that the croissants were delicious.
In all a good hotel. Great location if your getting the train only to Manchester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel