“Good hotel. Few minors. No majors.”

Malmaison Manchester
Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Good hotel. Few minors. No majors.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just recently stayed at the hotel.
After reading a few reviews was hoping that we didn't get a room above the bar and we did. Fortunately we couldn't hear a thing so well done on the brick work.
Very courteous at the front desk and had an interest in what we were doing rather than reading from a script.
Rooms were dark (which we knew) and could of done with some extra lighting to help the missus get ready.
Bonus of having Sky Sports channels free to watch.
Service was good at the bar as am a bit of a stickler when it comes to be on waiter service.
Drinks to mouth was within the 5 min time limit. Haha.
Breakfast was good. The sausages wernt proper and had the texture of a hot dog rather than a good old fashioned bangar! Saying that the croissants were delicious.
In all a good hotel. Great location if your getting the train only to Manchester.
Great price.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Did not stay here but will in the future when in Manchester. We were visiting our daughter in Manchester before we went on holiday and as we got off the train we walked past the hotel. We instantly saw bubbles and wanted to know what was going on. My partner and I walked in and the first thing you notice was the atmosphere. Music was loud, bar was full and the two receptionists were singing and dancing. Yes i did say singing and dancing.

My partner went over to the desk and asked what was going on, the young blonde girl replied saying it was Friday Bubble Time. Cheesey music gets played discount on drinks. He asked if we were allowed to grab a drink and the gentleman replied (still dancing) with 'as long as you dance too?' At that point my partner did. I was so embarrassed but the man did say it made his night and gave us two free cocktail vouchers. Which I might say was lovely of him.

We made our way to the bar and instantly greeted with a lovely welcome from a girl we think was called Helena? (sorry we have been on holiday since) she had this big smile and nothing seemed to much of a hassle. The bartender made me and my partner a mojito and it was fantastic. Loved it and the.... ahem several that followed.

During our stay we were watching the staff and all of them seemed to enjoy working there. The bar staff worked well with each other, very friendly and chatty. Music channel on in the background but no sound, however this was not needed is the music in the hotel was loud and creating an atmosphere. We were sat at an angle where we could see the reception too and have to say the blonde girl and the gentleman seemed to have a lot of fun working together. Having a laugh together and getting the guests checking in involved. Not a typical hotel desk.

We asked our server Helena? (sorry again if not your name) who was behind the desk as my partner and I agreed we wanted to leave a comment. She replied had only been working here a week or so and would find out. Eventually, we got told it was Amy and John.

As much fun as they seemed to have John left around 7ish and we didnt have time to say thanks again for the cocktail vouchers but Amy however was like an energiser bunny kept smiling and went on and on and on.

If all staff are like Amy John and Helena at the Malmaison everyone will leave with a fun memory and a fantastic stay.

Looking forward to our stay at the Malmaison, hoping my partner will arrange this soon.

jennifer

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Overnight stay when attending a concert in the city. We had an enjoyable late lunch in Smoak with good service good food and good wine
Staff are all professional and friendly and the room was excellent
The only downside I have with this hotel is that the mood lighting is very dark probably saves on the cleaning costs but for me it is too oppressive and spoils what is otherwise a very good hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014

used the eggs and the city deal on the website, absolutely brilliant. reception staff lovely, attentive, friendly and our waitress was so nice while we ate the best burger ever. we rolled in late and the staff were still on good form. location couldnt be better for town or train station. room was amazing. fallen in love with this place and plan to go back for my anniversary. 10 out of 10

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner awhile ago now. We had decided to book the special package of champagne , dinner bed and breakfast. The whole stay was amazing, could not fault anything or anyone. Will defiantly come back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I looked at Trip Advisor before booking the Malmaison and read a number of positive reviews. There were a number that concerned me, saying how dark it was and in at least on review stating it was something out of the 50 shades books? This was not the case. I loved the hotel; the atmosphere was calm and mellow, and at night it became exciting and busy: full of laughter and talking. The Malchemy cocktails were perfect and ok the waiting on staff seemed a bit quiet at first, but as we got talking the girl in question recommended a "Clover Club" which I thought was an excellent choice. The rooms were comfy and the reception staff are really attentive. On my last day there I tried the mal-classic burger in the Smoak Restaurant and I couldn't get enough ( I really hope the fois gras burgers are still available haha).

I would highly recommend this hotel as it is central, warm and welcoming, all the staff are great.

THE FIRE NEVER DIES. (As they say!)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David J
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel for a night to celebrate an anniversary with my partner and we were treated very well indeed by everyone from the reception to the bar to the restaurant in every aspect of our stay.
We were given an upgrade as soon as we checked in and were aslo given a voucher for 2 free cocktails for the bar. The service in the restaurant was excellent and to round off our meal, we were presented with a free glass of champagne each.
Everyone checked to see if we had enjoyed our meal and in the morning, asked if we had enjoyed our stay.
We did have a slight problem when a bottle of wine, bought and payed for by my partners daughter, did not arrive with our evening meal but this was rectified in the morning with a full refund to her card and to attone fore this, we were presented with a complimentary bottle of champagne on checking out!!
Can't fault anyone at the Hotel and will be back again!!

Phill Mellor.