We booked to stay here before Christmas as we were going to a gig and thought it would be a nice treat. We got a good deal on the room which helped BUT!
They must have found the tiredest looking room in the hotel! All the furniture is black - or should be! The trim around the dressing table was coming off, seal around the bath was mouldy, the seal around the window had come off so there was a cold breeze coming through the window. The room was at the back of the hotel which is no big deal however when the bins started being emptied early in the morning and all you can hear was crashing around because the windows were so poor it did become a big deal. The room was dusty and everything looked like it needed a good clean. I know I'm being picky but there was no mattress topper on what appeared to be a very cheap mattress which made it very uncomfortable.
On the positive side, the breakfast selection was excellent and was well cooked. It's such a shame because I'd heard good things about Malmaison so I suppose expectations were high. Unfortunately these expectations were not met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel