“Dark hotel with good service”

Malmaison Manchester
Ranked #39 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here on a work trip for one night. The hotel and rooms were so dark, which is not my thing really. I was given a disabled room with a wet shower room, but the floor was not sloping in the direction of the drain so the water was running towards the bedroom and carpet instead. I had to put a few towels along the floor to stop the water from flooding the room. Apart from this, I had a good nights sleep and the breakfast was nice. A good selection of hot and cold food to wake me up before a long day at work was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,654)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

we have stayed here a few times and the rooms are very clean and comfy, the staff are well mannered and with a bit of bartering you can even get a bargain on the room!it walking distance from all amenities in Manchester center and a stones throw from manc train station

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we booked here for a business night away the rooms were great but when going down to the bar we had a couple of rude staff upon asking if they sold snacks the bar tender went on to tell me they don't have free snacks which wasn't the question asked as nobody expected them to be free to then get another rude girl we left hotel for a night out when returning the door man stopped us walking in the hotel where we were staying and rudely asked for our room key like we were just trying to walk in with no apology for the way he spoke to us, we did report this when checking out but never heard anything back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Amandaj290
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I was staying one night. Staff was very helpfull with assistance if I liked to to anything. I place I can recommend to anyone. The bar on the hotel is good to get a night cab in. I can say gin and tonic is very good here and very friendly staff

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A really nice place to stay in a Manchester, definitely one of the nicest hotels in the area located in a good area. The hotel has a nice feel upon entering and the room we stayed in was really spacious. Likewise the bathroom and had everything we needed for a short stay.
The bar area is also great for a drink before heading out into the city. If I was staying in Manchester again I would definitely consider this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here several times of a 6 month period and loved the hotel. The restaurant was fantastic. The staff was very courteous and helped me find my way around. Great location, clean rooms. It was very easy to find and commute from as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Only disappointment was the reception staff. I asked them specifically not to debit my account with a £25 room service charge as we would not be using room service. When I checked out i was told that the £25 debit would be refunded to my card!! I was not happy about this to say the least! The same query was raised in Newcastle and my wishes were complied with. I was just told it was standard policy - make sure you check this when you check in, or out!
Apart from that moan, which was not resolved satisfactorily at the time, the hotel was very similar in decor and layout as other Malmaisons. It was very dark in the lift to our room.
The room was very clean and there was plenty of space but nowhere to place our suitcases.
Overall a good stay slightly marred on check out. Would I stay again? Probably as very good location and reasonable rates - even with Robbie William's in town!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 4th floor and there was plenty of room but I can't remember the numb...