“All gr8 Michelle”

Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“All gr8 Michelle”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed the weekend off the Robbie Williams concert , the check in was quick , we stayed in a Exec Room , which was lovely . The breakfast had gr8 choice , and was lovely with good service. We then had an all day Spa which was Amazing ! Again lovely helpful staff. The lunch included was so great ex the chocolate dipped strawberrys and champagne , wow! All in all . Can't wait to do this again .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here on the 22nd June while attending the Robbie Williams concert at the Etihad. The blonde girl who checked us in on the Saturday was extremely efficient and very friendly, as were the rest of the staff we encountered but the receptionist deserves a special mention. The room was perfect and very clean i had no complaints at all regarding my stay. Would stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently stayed here would never stay again.
Hygiene of bathroom appalling with previous occupants lavatory still unflushed when complained I was that I would get a discount on this visit or upgrade on next visit.
Breakfast service the worst I've ever seen left after 15 minutes without even getting a cup of coffee.
Opted to leave early after 2 nights as so disappointed still charged full amount. Was told would be contacted by the manager am still waiting 2 weeks later

• Stayed June 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst attending the Robbie Williams concert. I had booked a twin room in November and when I got to check in, the receptionist told me that they had no twin rooms left, they were all booked 6 months ago, well if you check my booking details, I said I booked this room in November which was 7 months ago. The receptionist then said to me as we were two girls we could share the double bed, otherwise there was rooms for us. As we were good friends we didn't mind doing this but some people wouldn't agree with it.

The rooms are very dark, I know this is the theme but to dark for my liking. As the walls were painted black, every chip was noticeable. Our wall was full of chipped white bits. The walls are thin and I could hear the showers in the adjoining rooms .The rooms are very small also.

What really annoyed me, was that we stayed at the front of the hotel on the third floor, down on the ground floor was a terrace guests could sit in with a tv. At 7.00am on the Saturday morning, I was woken by the tv blaring highlights from yesterday's Ascots racing. Why would you have the tv on at 7.00am when there was no one sitting there using the terrace. Totally annoying and I never got back to sleep.

Overall I was disappointed with Malmaison hotels, I have heard good comments about these hotels before, but sadly this did not meet my expectations at all. As a current hotel manager, I don't think I would ever return.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bessy51
West Midlands
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have stayed at previous Malmaisons and love their overall feel..
Booked 2 rooms for myself and husband and 2 teenage daughters. We were both upgraded which was nice.
Our room was on the 5th floor and was a great size with a lovely comfy, plush bed. Love the extras in the room like lovely crisps and nuts, bottles of wine with glasses and corkscrew...(even if you do have to pay for them, at least you have the option). Some of the urnture though was starting to look a bit tired. All the furniture is black and it was starting to show signs of wear and tear and could do with replacing soon I think. Also, they had a little tube of cotton buds in the bathroom where they put individual packets and ours hadn't been replaced as they were clearly left by the last occupant (open packet but unused I hasten to add)
My girls room was the same price but quite a bit smaller on the 2nd floor (you'd have thought 2 rooms booked at the same time might be closer, you had to use different lefts for each room!!). Again, great extras which they made the most of.
Easy to find from Picadilly station.
While 2 of us went to see Robbie Williams the other 2 had a meal in the restaurant which cost £82 for a starter and main each and 4 drinks (only 1 alcoholic). Think this is steep and they could have had a good meal at many other places in the surrounding area at much better value. However, they said it was a good atmosphere and certainly my husband loves his pork (daughters £20 burger could have been had for £6.50 in pub nearby)
Staff were friendly and check in was easy. Check out a bit slower but that's pretty normal I guess. All in all a good choice but just a couple of little things that could be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank milliemonkey
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have stayed at a number of Mal's and have to say that this is one of the best. The reception staff were brilliant on check in and out, efficient and professional whilst showing a genuine interest in you and your stay at their hotel.

Room was spotless and a decent size. Have nothing but good comments to make!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
england
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Booked a twin was told on arrival only doubles available & if I didn't take it we won't have a room as they where 5 rooms over booked!
No biggy as staying with mum, we arrived to the room along a corridor which was in new of redecoration! In the room there was one towel, one tea bag one coffee & one packet of biscuits, no toiletries! Housekeeping did sort this out.
We where going to a concert & asked directions was told by a very unhelpful reception follow the crowds, she rolled her eyes & walked off, so having walked 3 miles to the concert we discovered the tram picked up practically behind the hotel!
Went to bed & the noise from the plumbing was ridiculous no sleep at all!
Breakfast a shambles, no coffee, juice etc.
All in all a terrible stay, great location but not worth the money at all!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family