Booked 2 rooms for 1 night which at 140 per room you would expect a lot? We didn't!
Took 20 minutes to take food order, then 40 for it to arrive, no apology, no check back. Had to find waiter myself to pay!
Rooms were very dirty indeed, thick dust on top of TV areas, wasn't fresh dust either, cracked mirror hidden by a lamp! Broken tv screen, dirty tiles and worst of all the pillows were horrendous! Worst night sleep. Small and poky. Get more room in the Travelodge!
Asked for milk from room service...never arrived!
Loud house keeping then saw them sat in the floor talking!
Checked out with some miserable young girl who obviously didn't want to be there. No name badge to get her name. Didn't ask how stay was.
Overall: Good location, Malmaison has dropped it's standards significantly and NEEDS to sort it's pillows out!!! Not worth the room rate at all and cleanliness needs to be addressed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel