The hotel itself has a boudoir feel to it, with luxurious soft furnishings and modern dark coloured interior design. The reception staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble and they offered services such as checking train times before we'd even asked. The room was not massive, but it had the most comfortable king size bed I've ever slept in. I liked the tongue-in-cheek approach to notices, such as "we dare you" to take the toiletries home! We were on the top floor and the room was extremely quiet.
As for food - we couldn't get a table for dinner on the Saturday night as they were fully booked, but we did book the £20 Sunday brunch which gave us a free late check-out. The food was truly awesome, with a "buffet" that looked and tasted like a top-notch delicatessen counter, live cooking of specific dishes (omelettes, waffles and crepes on this occasion), and cooked-to-order mains and desserts. I suggest you come hungry, take your time to enjoy the quality and quantity of food on offer, and don't plan on having dinner that day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel