I've posted a previous review on here about a disastrous stay at the Manchester Mal and following this the duty manager invited me back to stay for a night free of charge to apologise for the service received before. We wanted to visit the Christmas market so booked in last week. We were greeted with a lovely welcome and the reception staff couldn't do enough for us, the room was lovely and clean and in a quiet part of the hotel - no complaints so far! We chose to go out for a meal but decided to return to the hotel bar for drinks afterwards which is where it goes wrong. Young bar staff who really just wanted to have a laugh with each other and were really rude - not just to us but to other people really put me off. We waited 10 mins to get served even though the bar was empty because they were too busy 'chatting' and mucking around - really unprofessional. Drinks took ages to be poured as well. Went to bed and next morning decided to order room service breakfast, several things were forgotten off our order and the ketchup forgotten twice. Its the little things like this that really add up. All in all, an ok stay but with Abode over the road and the classy and luxorious, Radisson, round the corner, I know where I'll be staying in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel