“DISASTER!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Group of 4 decided to drop in as the whole place was full & thought must be decent if full. Luckily a group had just left so we got a table. Waitress took our drinks order, got it wrong, then took our food order, starters came out, 3 wings & a bruschetta ordered, 3 wings arrived but no brushetta instead the waitress decided to put a focacia(spell) in the middle of the table. Nobody actually knew what it was or why it was in the middle of our table & not in front of the person who ordered the Bruschetta. We advised the waitress we never received bruschetta to be told you ordered focacia not bruschetta??? Our mains then arrived, again 1 order completely wong. Returned this dish to the kitchen as there was olives embedded into one of the pizzas, instead of a new pizza being made the chef just plucked the olives off & put extra cheese on to cover up where the olives where removed. Ordered more drinks, again the order was wrong. Had enough & left. 1 positive, the manager did apologise for the night & cut our bill from £86 to £49. The chef & waitresses could do with a good course not only in customer service & cooking but also in manners. Chef was less than impressed when I advised him directly that his food was terrible, dry, bland & all in all a disaster. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Also, the house wine tasted like it had been extracted from the gents staff toilets of the nearby Tesco Express.

There are newer reviews for Giorgio's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had one of the most perfect night in Manchester at that place. Staff was helpful smiley and very professional. Food was amazing ( we got a lot of dishes ) and the wine was great. The architecture of the place was impressive and the music (which is hard to find good music in a restaurant in my opinion) was PERFECT!! We were also happy with the prices. Definitely going there again sometime.

1  Thank Seralios
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited Giorgios on a Friday night, having a table booked for 8pm.

It was very quiet, and we were seated immediately.

I ordered from the 3 course menu for £20.95. I had chicken wings for starter which were really tasty and the sauce was beautiful.
For main I had what was one of the most gorgeous things I've ever eaten; the risotto with chicken, peppers and onions. It was a good size, the rice was perfectly cooked and it was full of flavour.
For dessert I had the cheesecake which was again sensational, it just melted in my mouth!
My wife had the greek dips for starter and the pasta with chicken and peas for main-just the 2 courses.
She also said how nice hers was.

The wating were staff were perhaps a little over attentive and the added service charge is a little cheeky but neither of these spoilt my visit.,

Would happily return here if I visit Manchester again.

1  Thank MarkBTID
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Closely situated to palace theatre really good home cooked food and super service. Two course theatre menu deals and 3 course special menus .

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Big portions of honestly cooked Italian fare. Go for the pre theatre at £11.95 for 2 courses before 1645hrs. Portions so big, you will not need a third course ! Good banter from staff, which made a personal welcoming touch. Sea bass delicious !

1  Thank C7AMW