“Gorgeous meal in a lovely restaurant”

Giorgio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 2,343 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited Giorgios on a Friday night, having a table booked for 8pm.

It was very quiet, and we were seated immediately.

I ordered from the 3 course menu for £20.95. I had chicken wings for starter which were really tasty and the sauce was beautiful.
For main I had what was one of the most gorgeous things I've ever eaten; the risotto with chicken, peppers and onions. It was a good size, the rice was perfectly cooked and it was full of flavour.
For dessert I had the cheesecake which was again sensational, it just melted in my mouth!
My wife had the greek dips for starter and the pasta with chicken and peas for main-just the 2 courses.
She also said how nice hers was.

The wating were staff were perhaps a little over attentive and the added service charge is a little cheeky but neither of these spoilt my visit.,

Would happily return here if I visit Manchester again.

1  Thank MarkBTID

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Closely situated to palace theatre really good home cooked food and super service. Two course theatre menu deals and 3 course special menus .

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Big portions of honestly cooked Italian fare. Go for the pre theatre at £11.95 for 2 courses before 1645hrs. Portions so big, you will not need a third course ! Good banter from staff, which made a personal welcoming touch. Sea bass delicious !

1  Thank C7AMW
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Me and my partner went before the lion king at the theatre, and it looked a nice place and the pre-theatre/concert menu sold it for us.

Waiter (I think the owner) sat us down and came across as quite rude to start with, then when we ordered, he asked how I'd like my steak then said 'dead or alive' don't get me wrong I can take a joke but it was not said in that manner at all.. We then got our prawn cocktails within 10 minutes of being there and they were like mush. Awful starter, so we said to the waiter 'they were a bit soggy' no apology whatsoever... Then we got our mains about 5 minutes after we had our starters, mine steak came okay, partners order was wrong, so we had to then wait another 5 minutes for the correct pizza to come. Meanwhile they asked to warm mine up or 'keep it warm' for me, it then arrived and my steak was cold, and the pizza that was made was all doughy and under cooked. It was all just a big rush. They just care about the money. They don't care about there customers. No apologies were offered after we expressed disatisfaction. Just took our money and laughed. Definitely one of the worst restaurants I have been in.... Luckily we had a good show to look forward to!.... I would highly recommend not to go to Giorgino's. Funny thing is he really thought his restaurant was amazing... And in fact it is far from it!

1  Thank TomRPerkins
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Came here on a Saturday night at 7.Place was full but had a table booked so only had to wait a few minutes.Its a small restuarant but well presented and cosy.Staff were great and had a laugh with the manager a few times.Had a pizza which I created myself with the extra toppings you can have and it was mouth watering.Didnt wait long for the food as well.By the time we left it was about a third full with all the theatre goers leaving for their shows.Menu was a very good choice.Dont drink wine so I can't comment on that.It can be cheap or dear depending on what you have.2 bottles of bud cost over £7 which is steep.There is also a optional service charge they put on the bill which I think is abit cheeky.Overall we enjoyed it and would go back.