“good overall”
Review of Zizzi - Didsbury - CLOSED

Zizzi - Didsbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Situated on the site of the former Clock Tower pub and in the town where RSPB was founded, the new Didsbury restaurant is the third Zizzi restaurant in the Manchester area after Zizzi Spinningfields and Zizzi Triangle. As with all of our restaurants, we strive to preserve and enhance the original features and to reflect the unique heritage of its surroundings through its design and décor. So, this beautiful and historic building in the heart of Didsbury provides the perfect location to enjoy our freshly prepared Italian dishes and personal service.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

we visit zizzi today with my family ...for dinner food was great ..the wait after the starter to get main was a bit longer then what we need ...overall the dinner was nice and tasty

1  Thank jolenemcdonagh

Reviewed March 11, 2014

called in for lunch 3 of us all mains and food dull n bland, my pasta had chilli in and it was still bland, waitress friendly, we wont be returning plenty more restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

In late December, I went to meet friends who had enjoyed Zizzi although some reviews made me a bit wary. However, the service was nice and the food generally ok. The garlic bread was delicious, the lasagne was tasty but I personally did not like the "gritty" topping. it did not spoil the meal and my friends were also happy. Quite pricey, I generally paid less (not much less it has to be said) in Rome this summer especially for beer but also the food.
Overall, I would probably go again if my friends wanted to meet there for a meal. I would order the bread again, nice and a good amount, but maybe try another main dish.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've come to the conclusion that most of these restaurant chains are created when a bunch of "suits" sit in committee round the boardroom table with a view to coming up with the next new "concept"!
They try to reinvent the wheel by taking a pizza and arseing around with it until it isn't a pizza any more. I got a pizza that I didn't order and found it had sliced potato on it. When I got the one which I did order half of it had no tomato base but four prawns and a few dollops of creme fraise. If you want Italian go to your local Italian restaurant and avoid these hybrid rip offs.

2  Thank friday07
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a recent visit and everything was satisfactory. I've never been to a Zizzi before, the food was nice, my pizza was much larger than i expected, The lunch time meal deal is good value though I didn't see anything I wanted on it but this didn't bother me.

I'd like to give this place more as there wasn't anything wrong, it just didn't offer anything more than your regular franchise restaurant.

I would go again if someone else wanted me to go.