“bland”
Review of Zizzi - Didsbury - CLOSED

Zizzi - Didsbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Situated on the site of the former Clock Tower pub and in the town where RSPB was founded, the new Didsbury restaurant is the third Zizzi restaurant in the Manchester area after Zizzi Spinningfields and Zizzi Triangle. As with all of our restaurants, we strive to preserve and enhance the original features and to reflect the unique heritage of its surroundings through its design and décor. So, this beautiful and historic building in the heart of Didsbury provides the perfect location to enjoy our freshly prepared Italian dishes and personal service.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

called in for lunch 3 of us all mains and food dull n bland, my pasta had chilli in and it was still bland, waitress friendly, we wont be returning plenty more restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

In late December, I went to meet friends who had enjoyed Zizzi although some reviews made me a bit wary. However, the service was nice and the food generally ok. The garlic bread was delicious, the lasagne was tasty but I personally did not like the "gritty" topping. it did not spoil the meal and my friends were also happy. Quite pricey, I generally paid less (not much less it has to be said) in Rome this summer especially for beer but also the food.
Overall, I would probably go again if my friends wanted to meet there for a meal. I would order the bread again, nice and a good amount, but maybe try another main dish.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've come to the conclusion that most of these restaurant chains are created when a bunch of "suits" sit in committee round the boardroom table with a view to coming up with the next new "concept"!
They try to reinvent the wheel by taking a pizza and arseing around with it until it isn't a pizza any more. I got a pizza that I didn't order and found it had sliced potato on it. When I got the one which I did order half of it had no tomato base but four prawns and a few dollops of creme fraise. If you want Italian go to your local Italian restaurant and avoid these hybrid rip offs.

2  Thank friday07
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a recent visit and everything was satisfactory. I've never been to a Zizzi before, the food was nice, my pizza was much larger than i expected, The lunch time meal deal is good value though I didn't see anything I wanted on it but this didn't bother me.

I'd like to give this place more as there wasn't anything wrong, it just didn't offer anything more than your regular franchise restaurant.

I would go again if someone else wanted me to go.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have been visiting this resteraunt for a while. The standards did get better since my last review, but the last couple of visits we have made have been terrible. On a recent visit we ordered the garlic bread with mozzaralla (something we ordered regularily). This should be a pizza base with cheese and caramelised onions. Due to what the manager called "change to the menu" the recipe has been changed, and if there was any cheese on this we never found it, and there was two small pieces of onion. For the mains we ordered spaghetti bolognese. Although tasty, the amount of meat in the whole dish would fit on a tea spoon. When asked if everything was ok we told them what we thought, The waiter then proceeded to inform me that spaghetti bolognese was simply spagehetti with ragu sauce. The manager came over and said that he had seen the bolognese being delivered and that it didn't look right and apologised. He then took both dishes off the bill, even though we offered to pay. He told us he would report it to head office as it was they hade made changes to the recipes. We called at the resteraunt again last night ( 8 Oct) and my wife ordered the same dishes after asking the waitress if there was cheese on the garlic bread and meat in the spaghetti bolognese. After about 5 minutes the waiter from the previous week came over asking why we had ordered the same food as nothing had changed. after several minutes of going over the same story we eventually cancelled our order, paid our bill drank our wine and left. If you like cheesy garlic bread with no cheese and vegitarian spaghetti bolognese, this place could be ok for you, otherwise avoid

2  Thank SteveHManchester