“Room OK, Restaurant Very Poor”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #60 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Good for staying in, when you want to 'park & fly' and catch an early flight. The rooms are what you would expect of at airport hotel, and the staff are polite.
Don't bother with the restaurant - eat before you arrive. Whilst the food isn't bad, and the staff are friendly the service is extrememly slow (took an hour to get served, and it was half empty) The chairs are dirty and stained, and it needs a good clean.
We will probably pay the extra £20 and stay at the Radisson, next time.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have had several trials at the airport Manchester but the Hilton was so far the best stay. As all others they are conviently located close to the Terminal 1. The service is good, checkin and checkout was without problems and the room was clean and at a good size. Bathroom is fairly new. The restaurant is excellent. They have a super breakfast (the first where I saw plastic plates for kids beside the standard ones), standard English, fresh fruits, all sorts of bread and lots of others. Dinner is served in a two or three course menu with buffet starters and deserts. Alternatively they offer small dishes at the bar.
The price for a single room prepaid via credit card was 59 Pounds including breakfast which is lower than others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Had to call three times and waited more than 20 minutes for a pickup from the railway station.Have not had a problem with this in the past so hope it was a one off. Receptionist on arrival rude and abrupt and not the usual Hilton friendliness.Room very good .

Reviewed July 18, 2010

After reading some of the reviews on here I was a bit concerned when I got this hotel through Hotwire. I needn't have worried, however!

Check in was quick, and the staff at the desk and the concierge were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. We got room 450, overlooking the front of the car park, and even though there was a wedding in the hotel that night we weren't disturbed, even with the window open.

The room was lovely, and definitely of a significantly higher standard than other similar class hotels we've stayed in - the decor seemed new, everything worked, and the bed was really comfy.

The walk to the train station was easy, though the concierge did offer to drive us - probably a good idea with a lot of luggage or small children, as you have to cross a busy road to get there.

Didn't eat or drink there, so I can't comment on the food.

All in all, we had a great stay and would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Hotel was fine for what it was - as with most airport hotels, the only guests seems to be business people or people with eiher a late night or early morning flight! The room was clean, but the overall hotel was quite tired and could do with a freshen up! The breakfast was surprisingly good, with a wide selection of food. There was a complimentary shuttle bus to/from the airport and train station.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Great place to rest before your trip back home. Dinner was expensive so we sat in the bar for a light dinner. We were waited on by a trainee who took our order and disappeared. We had better service at McDonalds!

Front desk was very helpful and made a great impression. We were upgraded and our room was bigger than a Japanese hotel room. After the high price of the hotel, we found out that internet is another 15quid on top, and parking is also pricey.

We were leaving for the airport early in the morning. After a great breakfast, (buy coupons at front desk, its cheaper), we went to await the bus. We ran into an employee named Joanne who yelled and screamed at us and made us feel like we worked for her. What a bad representative of this hotel. She make my wife very angry, and everyone on the bus, including the driver thought she was on mean pills.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

What can I say about this hotel. It is a good location I guess not far from the airport and a frequent shuttle bus. Rooms are fine - albeit a bit tired looking and in need of some work. My complaints surround a few issues and I shall list these now:

(1) The room was HOT. I went into the room turned down the thermostat to cold and turned on what I though was Air Conditioning. Went out for dinner, came back in 3 hours and room was even hotter. I called the front desk and was told the hotel does not have air conditioning and that was a fan to circulate air. I asked if any rooms in the hotel has ac and I was told no. The guy at the front desk who answered the phone suggested I put on a fan and place it at an angle and it would cool the room down - what pathetic advice.

(2) The in room internet is £15 PER NIGHT. In 2010 what a complete rip off. It's not even wireless so I pay £15 and cannot even sit on the seat as the cable is not long enough I am forced to set at the desk - pathetic in my opinion. £15 per night for a start is a rip off and not having wireless in the rooms is even worse.

(3) The restaurant had good food but £29 for three courses plus drinks left a meal for 2 well over £60. Now that is fine but for that money I would expect every wish to be my command but alas no - I was told the meal came with mushroom and tomato. I ask for no tomato but an extra mushroom. I am told that is not allowed as the mushroom and tomato are cooked side by side on a tray so by taking a second mushroom it would waste a tomato - £29 I was paying so although this sounds so petty I was pretty mad that they would cause ill feeling over a mushroom! POOR in my humble opinion

In my personal opinion there are much better hotels near the airport for similar money. Avoid this place - I will NEVER be back - Promise.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo