As with other guests we stayed overnight before an early flight to the USA. We booked the hotel as we needed somewhere to stay that included parking during our 2 week holiday, and the Hilton provides just that.
We were checking in for our flight the night before, and in the morning there are free regular transfers to the airport. You simply complete the necessary forms and hand in your car keys the night before, and away you go. The car was back at the hotel when we returned 2 weeks later.
Our room was spacious and very clean, much what you would expect for this type of hotel. There was an unstocked cooler, which I prefer incase the hotel tries to charge you for something missing such as £3 toblerone!! A small kettle and cups are provided, but they scrimped on tea and coffee providing enough for 1 cup each! There was only 1 hot chocolate between 2!
We ventured into the restaurant, and it appeared clean and pleasing on the eye; the menu was not, however. Very very expensive. £6 for 2 mini muffins! Breakfasts were also expensive. Room service is extortionate, and I can't believe they can justify an additional fee to bring it to your room. It was close to £20 to have a small cooked breakfast brought to your room.
On our return, we had to phone from the terminal and the bus picked us up about 10 minutes later. It was unclear just where to get the return bus. There are multiple 'hotel bus pickup' points and non actually say for the Hilton.
Once you return, exit the airport and walk across the crossing. To your left you will see car hire offices. Continue walking forward and then turn left and walk behind them. Continue walking OUT OF THE CAR PARK. This is where you begin to think you've made a wrong turn. You will see a stand on the right for hotel bus pickups, and it's here where you'll get the bus. Other customers using this bus stop also found it difficult to locate.
You are then taken to a portacabin at the back of the hotel where our car was waiting for us. The driver was not communicative, but it was a good service.
In conclusion, an ideal hotel to stay at for that over night stay and parking combo prior to your holiday abroad. But take extra food with you if you want a cheap snack. There aren't nearby restaurants unless you drive out again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester