Hilton Manchester Airport
$92
$212
$197
3,332 results
All reviewsmanchester airportpark and flyan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlecourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingfamily roomone night stayan overnight staygood nights sleepnight's sleepminibuskeyspounds
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Manchester airport again on 15 December 2013 and it’s fast becoming my favourite place to stay at the airport. I first reviewed it some time ago when I judged it an average hotel but, since then, the service has improved immeasurably. The breakfast is excellent, as it was when I called it average.
Just keep it up, Hilton, and you’ve got one person who’ll stay at the hotel whenever they pass through.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Checked in was informed that breakfast was not included in my booking had to prove them wrong by finding booking details on my laptop . Could not sleep on mattress as springs were sticking into my back and to top it all no bell boy to help with luggage in morning ...complained but no reply so had to send a copy again .. Not impressed or a good start to a holiday

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After enduring a hellish journey down due to bad weather. We arrived with our 3 Children later than planned really hungry. The waitress took a while to acknowledge us whilst we waited at the counter to be served. Finally when she found the time to acknowledge us and take our order we ordered.
My starter was Baked Avocado with Cheese. Wasn't good don't like to complain but it was rock hard and couldn't get my knife even into it. Definitely hadn't been in a oven ( Possibly a Microwave one though)
We ordered a bottle of Wine, waitress said there wasn't any of the one we choose so we choose another. Ice bucket arrived 1 hour later still No Wine. Cancelled the wine after we had tried to eat our food which we didn't enjoy. My son ordered a Chicken Salad which came with Fish on the top. (He doesn't eat fish). My Vegi Burger thing was like some bought in pre made rubbish, couldn't eat it. We didn't have dessert either as the whole meal was a disaster. Staff just wander around not looking properly at what's happening under their noses. Not managed at all well.
However the male staff at Breakfast where very friendly and helpful. On return from our holiday we couldn't leave the Carpark due to a barrier, after a long flight had to go back to Reception and enquire. Will stop at the Etrop Grange next time much better...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and I am very sorry that you have had cause to complain. Reading your words, it certainly does feel as though the level of service in our restaurant and quality of dish was a let down and Chef will be investigating this to prevent it happening again.

It is actually such a shame as we usually receive high praise for our Mason's Restaurant but obviously this was not your experience and I can feel your sense of disappointment. I do not know if you brought your dissatisfaction to our attention at the time as we would be more than willing to rectify on the day than have our loyal guests leave feeling annoyed and full of negativity.

I am glad that my colleagues at breakfast were helpful and friendly.

The barrier is always closed at the exit as this is by ticket only and is either pre-paid before leaving the hotel or part of a park and fly package and included in that package. I am sorry if this was not made clear for you - there is a buzzer on the ticket machine which connects directly with our front desk.

Once again, I am very sorry about your poor experience and also sorry that we were not able to make it right for you at the time, which would have resulted in you leaving on a far happier note.

I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

If arriving at Manchester Airport rail station a phone call will get you hotel transport.Similarly when requiring to go to the airport transport can also be obtained.These shuttle trips are included in your room rate.The hotel room was well furnished,spotlessly clean,with full en suite bathroom and lots of hot water.The hotel reception area and bar are very well presented.An excellent buffet breakfast is available at a cost of £10 per person.
We have already booked another stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and it sounds as though you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes, we collect and deliver our guests all through the day and night to all of the airport terminals and the train station, all you have to do is ring us from the freephones located at each of the above.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and bar area and that you have already booked your next stay. A satisfied guest and we are all really pleased.

Hope you have a good journey to us here soon and my very best wishes to you.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at Hilton Manchester Airport before catching an early flight down to London. Upon arrival we were informed that the hotel was completely full that evening due to a school trip staying at the hotel. As I am Hilton Gold my wife and I were given complimentary breakfast vouchers as well as two drinks vouchers for the bar. The service at the bar was hopelessly slow with only one member of staff serving despite it being full. It took about 20 minutes to get two drinks which was far too long. The room was clean and we had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was a pretty average experience; they had run out of bacon and it took about 10 minutes to get it replenished. When walking past the salad items I noticed a mouldy cherry tomato in the bowl. How had this not been spotted by staff?

Checkout was when this average stay went to poor. I was checked out by a Polish lady who asked me if I required a transfer to the airport. I said yes and she told the Concierge. He made some remark which I couldn't quite make out and said to me, "You know what they call her (gesticulating at Polish receptionist)? Annoying Polish b***h." She responded by saying, "Yes and you're a lazy English concierge!" The whole thing was completely unacceptable. You never, ever, ever make remarks like that in front of a guest. I certainly didn't find it amusing - at all.

In future I will stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for the review of our hotel and I would apologise to you wholeheartedly for the conversation that took place between two of my colleagues.

I can feel from your words how surprised, disappointed and let down you must have felt and can more than empathise with those sentiments. The remarks made are completely unacceptable and will be attended to without delay. It is certainly not in keeping, and never will be, with our world famous Hilton brand standards and will not be tolerated within this hotel. I would thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

With regards to the situation regarding breakfast and the bar, I have forwarded your comments to our relevant heads of department so that they can digest and implement the necessary changes.

Once again, I am truly sorry that your stay was marred on this occasion but can assure you that this dip in service was certainly a one-off situation.

I do hope that, upon reflection, you will decide to come back and stay with us again and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.