“Friendly staff, clean rooms”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #58 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
bolton
“Friendly staff, clean rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night prior to holiday
Clean modern rooms, all staff very attentive and friendly
Beautiful breakfast,with a large choice of fresh fruit yogurts pastries and cooked items. And a free transfer from the hotel to the airport was an added bonus

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Colwyn Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked an overnight park & stay package including breakfast to kick off our honeymoon. Paid in advance for a smidge over £100. Excellent value. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. Breakfast at 5.30 am was plentiful with healthy options.

Our car boot was full of wedding stuff. We had no choice despite the "don't leave valuables" strictures, but was returned to us exactly as was - perfect.

The shuttle service to and from the airport also worked well, helped by the clear instructions supplied by the hotel (NB the hotel courtesy phone in Terminal One is just next to the information desk) and professional driver service.

We had time to kill during the evening. It is a short walk to the train station and we were able to enjoy excellent dim sum (at the Rice Bowl, Cross St) in Manchester,

We will use the Hilton again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Manchester Hilton the night prior to an early flight, having booked online with a pre-paid discounted family room.

Arrival to and departure from the hotel using the shuttle bus was pretty quick even at 05:15.

Check in-out was efficient and the room was spacious, modern and comfortable.

The bar and restaurant for evening meal offered good service and food, even for a party of 7.

My only minor point for this hotel was that when I booked online, the only room option for 2 adults, 1 (small) child was a family room, yet when I rang the hotel to book another room for the return journey, I was advised that I could fit a pull-out bed into a standard room (i.e. cheaper room rate).

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

have stayed here many times. Very convenient for both the airport and the motorway network. Rooms are a good size, clean and airy. Bara nd restaurant good and they do very good breakfasts. Will definitely be staying again

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently attended a one day conference held at the hotel, so decided to drive over the evening before to be fresh for the event. The main light and floor and table lamps were not working - ok I can let them know when I check out I thought - it's not worth the interruption of a maintenance person fixing the lights now and I can manage fine. Then in the shower I find the shower head is split and leaking - water spraying out over the loo and not on me! Again something you are not going to immediately report because the only solution is being given a new room and you have already unpacked etc etc. The final poor point was breakfast when I was shown to a table and served orange juice (very good) but had to hunt down a waiter for coffee (not great) then when I was returning from fetching a cooked breakfast someone had cleared my table of drinks and had my orange juice and coffee on their tray of dirty crockery. I explained that I was still eating - in fact the coffee was hot and barely started - so the waiter picked that off the tray and put it back on my table, but walked off with the orange juice. No apology, no offer to fetch replacements. I was absolutely made to feel I was an inconvenience for having breakfast. The final straw was at the end of the days conference when I learned overnight guests were usually charged £12 for parking. This was reduced to £5 for delegates. I completed the feedback form from the room and handed it to reception at checkout and explained about the lights and the shower. The member of staff at reception did apologise for those failings - the concern is that working lights and showers are quite fundamental ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Metafaculty
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that your stay was spoilt by firstly the technical/maintenance issues that occurred and secondly by poor service at breakfast. Both of these issues are being attended to as they are certainly not in keeping with our famous HIlton brand standards. I do believe that these failures were one-offs and will not happen again.

If you let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall personally oversee the booking to ensure a smooth and pleasant experience.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon, would thank you once again for your feedback and for chosing Hilton.

Best regards
Gary Morrison
Taos, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although the dining room is not inexpensive, such should be expected at a Hilton in the UK. Our room was on the ground floor, a location set aside for the lower-end clientele, and could not be cooled off enough for comfortable sleeping. The lowest thermostat adjustment, 17c, never got that cool. The room temperature was not helped by the limitation of the thick duvet; instead of sheets and blankets (which were likely reserved for rooms on the higher floors). Having a very nice window which could not be opened was also disappointing. Morning noise began at about 5:00am when those in the upper floors began arising; walking around and using the showers.

Nice executive gym which unfortunately was too small to accommodate more than four individuals at any one time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I would thank you for your feedback and say straight away that our lower floors are not reserved for "lower-end clientele" as all of our floors contain a mixture of rooms types and sizes.

I am sorry that you room was too warm, our duvets are a Hilton brand standard and we do not have any blankets apart from if a guest has requested one from housekeeping. Should this be important to you then we can certainly arrange for blankets on your next stay, just let us know. We can also organise a higher floor room for you with pleasure.

Yes, we do have a Livingwell Express Gym, being an airport hotel the main priority is bedrooms, however, we rarely receive any negative feedback about the size of the gym which is properly and well equiped.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Sue Harman
Douglas, Isle of Man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Hilton Hotel is conveniently located for those who have to stay overnight at the airport due to onward connecting flights. All aspects of our stay were good except the stained ceiling below the A/C unit and the cracked panels next to it. Also the transfer bus has a very low (for me I am 1.86m tall) entry door and I got a real clout when entering the bus. There is a sign inside the door but that is completely useless.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am requesting that our maintenance department checks for the issue so that it can be rectified. My apologies to you for this not being actioned beforehand.

I have forwarded a copy of your comments to our Concierge Manager who will certainly look into this for you. Do let us know the next time you are coming so that we can organise a safe and pain free transfer.

Until we speak again, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Sue Harman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!