This was our 2 nd stay since 2010 when we were first flying out on our honeymoon. We were return guests which was not acknowledged. We upgraded our room on the second stay which was well worth the extra space however although the location of the room was great on first floor we were next to a corridor through door which needed oiled and banged constantly through the night which when you are due to be up at 530am is not ideal.
We ate in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast, food, service and value for money as a package deal were good and met our expectations. The reception staff when checking out we're not exactly professional as never bothered to ask how our stay was but I suppose as we were going on holiday we did not mention about the corridor door banging all night and they had no record of us already paying for the upgrade so were going to charge us again.
The free shuttle service to and from the airport is excellent and we tipped the drivers, however on the return journey the driver service was abrupt when we phoned from the airport and after long haul flight being told that the location I gave to meet him was not right when in fact it was the correct bus stop from terminal 2, perhaps a Manchester and Glasgow accent thing but tone was not the best. Once he collected us " up to 15 mins later" he bluntly advised me..driver never cracked a smile a hello or how was your holiday until we were nearly returned to hotel ( perhaps for the sake of getting a tip or undo the hostility which was clearly there, my husband and I are in our late 30s not demanding and consider ourselves as friendly and polite and enjoy life always tip which we always do but not on this occasion as I don't appreciate being spoken to like I did when I called to kindly request the shuttle service.
Collecting the car was straight forward and really did appreciate the guys in the portacabin who deal with collecting car getting our car keys ready quickly and efficiently with paperwork at the ready in order for our onward 4 hour journey to drive back to Glasgow having our car keys ready for our drive back up to Glasgow.
Still overall good but rated average this time due to service issues only as location and package deal is value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester