I stayed in the Hilton Manchester Airport beginning of January, staying in room 121 on the ground floor.
First of all, for those arriving at Manchester Airport, it is EXTREMELY convenient - as I was on a domestic flight up from London Heathrow, I left Manchester Airport at 17:45 and was in my room at 6pm! Really could not have asked for a speedier service.
On first impressions, as you walk into the hotel from the lobby, you're greeted with quite an elegant and classy feel - however, it all went a bit down hill once I had checked in and opened up the door to my room.
I am a social smoker, and as part of my HHonors membership, I have set smoking rooms to be my preference where possible. Having stayed in smoking rooms in Hiltons across the US, I was VERY disappointed to be gasping for air when entering the room. Seriously, for someone who only has three or four smokes a day, the stench of stale smoke was horrendous. Had I been staying in the room longer, I would have requested a room change - but as I was only there for one night, I thought best to save the hassle and put the air con on full blast, open up a window and spray some aftershave!!!
The other major disappointment that occured to me within minutes of entering my room was the rather horrible view onto someone's parked car, right outside my window. It felt intrusive, and I had to keep the curtains closed evening right up until the morning. Even with the window closed, you could sometimes hear someone moving about to get to their car, or driving away...or arriving...it was unsettling to say the least. I never felt UNSAFE, but I would not like to be a female traveller staying in this room!
The other disappointment for me, which unfortunately goes against most of the good reviews here, was the food in Lowry's Restaurant. I had ordered the 2 course menu, and for the price being charged, expected 5 star quality. The starter, Char Grilled Asparagus on a Bed of Risotto, although did not taste bad, was flavourless and bland - the poached egg did not have any taste, and I had to heavily laden my food with salt and pepper to make it have ANY taste at all. Mains was Mushroom Risotto, which had a better taste than the starter but again..there was just something missing for me. All in all, the salad turned out to be the highlight for me and tasted AMAZING! For the price I paid, £33, I had expected more and left disappointed.
There are, all the above being said, good points about this hotel:
- As usual, a phone call was made from Reception to my room about 20 minutes after checking in to check everything was ok - good service.
- TV was large and had a good range of movies - however TV channels seemed to be coming from an ariel rather than digital?!
- Bathroom clean and large, although shower could do with more power - felt like a dribbling elephant was washing you!
- As mentioned before, the location to the airport.
To conclude, it's convenient and I would probably stay here again if I was allocated a higher floor room that was non smoking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester